2013 Chicago-Area AKers - Save Sat., Feb. 23rd.

Thanks again to Bob and Collette for hosting....I had a great time. Food was great and enjoyed seeing everyone again. See you next year!

Good fun Bob and Collette

Aural err..Oral Component of the Year
AK2013

Attachments

• AK2013 rumcake slice.jpg
    AK2013 rumcake slice.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 28
Good fun Bob and Collette rv3

John briefly resycronizing clock speed while his CPU is re-cached

Attachments

• ak2013 kefjohn2.jpg
    ak2013 kefjohn2.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 47
Hey, dBAlevel!!!!! Thanks for posting those pics. Loved your Tact Amp!!!!!!!

I was pretty excited to hear that TACT integrated. Thanks for bringing it "backwards Bill" I appreciate it!

Evan

Bob and Collette,

Thanks so much I had a great time. Enjoyed all the people with all the gear. The real sensational piece for me was that Tact Amp. JohnVF's KEF's really came alive with it. Being a Tube man its not everyday that a piece of SS gear turn's my head.

I'm looking forward to next year :yes:

SET12

The worst part about hosting is that you miss all the good equipment. Darn, I really wish I could have heard the KEFs with the TacT amp.

Robie, That TacT-Kef was almost surreal listening to the combination. Very,very good. I like Harbeth's and I cannot imagine that amplifier in combination with John's.

BTW John I did a followup "I was there" after you when you posted on the vintage thread. The one where he replied "whatever floats your boat"

Last edited:
Bob and Collette,

Thanks so much I had a great time. Enjoyed all the people with all the gear. The real sensational piece for me was that Tact Amp. JohnVF's KEF's really came alive with it. Being a Tube man its not everyday that a piece of SS gear turn's my head.

I'm looking forward to next year :yes:

SET12

Dan, it was great seeing you, too!!!! You definitely won the "Traveled the Furthest Award". Thanks for making the effort and bringing your crossover network.

As long as you guys are willing to come, I'll open the doors next year!!!!!!!!

Robie, That TacT-Kef was almost surreal listening to the combination. Very,very good. I like Harbeth's and I cannot imagine that amplifier in combination with John's.

BTW John I did a followup "I was there" after you when you posted on the vintage thread. The one where he replied "whatever floats your boat"

I'm glad there was a witness! That was a huge difference in sound quality when those amps were switched. A similar thing happened downstairs going from an external DAC to the one internal in the CD player that was being used as a transport. These surprises are just one reason its fun to get together and put all of our gear in a pile and see what works with what, and what doesn't. Synergy and room go out the window but its always a good time. The visiting with friends is the best part, though.

I'm glad you 'all enjoyed a bit of the digital domain. Not bright, not warm, etc.. just is.. for me, very un-fatiuging to listen to. I'm glad the KEFs sounded so good w/ it. There is a relationship to impedance. Some speakers are just uncanny, to the point of being able to percieve if a musician in soundstage presence is sitting or standing.

I actaully do have a set of TactT 410 (scanspeak) corner subs waiting for cabinets down in the Bunker. I'll have to push that project forward. They can be put on the second channel and set up with programable crossovers w/ the software package. Adds a dimension.

John, we'll have to do a turntable demo this summer sometime.

Robie, I forgot to give you a copy of the latest, JM CD ( Now Hear This) I had in the car. Good stuff, I'll get that to you.

I'm glad you 'all enjoyed a bit of the digital domain. Not bright, not warm, etc.. just is.. for me, very un-fatiuging to listen to. I'm glad the KEFs sounded so good w/ it. There is a relationship to impedance. Some speakers are just uncanny, to the point of being able to percieve if a musician in soundstage presence is sitting or standing.

I actaully do have a set of TactT 410 (scanspeak) corner subs waiting for cabinets down in the Bunker. I'll have to push that project forward. They can be put on the second channel and set up with programable crossovers w/ the software package. Adds a dimension.

John, we'll have to do a turntable demo this summer sometime.

Robie, I forgot to give you a copy of the latest, JM CD ( Now Hear This) I had in the car. Good stuff, I'll get that to you.

Great post, Bill and a good description of what I heard. "Just is". Looking forward to that new Johnny M. Tell him "Hey" from a big and longtime fan next time you converse.

I dont know how I could have missed the Berkeley!

Thanks for hosting Bob and Colette, again. Its quite a tradition now.
I like the Altec and the Scott combo, the Jolida was a real disappointment.
The TACT amp sounds good too, with the KEF and the DAYTON DIYs...
Great to see everyone again: Ed, Glenn, Jim, Dan, Brian, Robie,...... Dan's over the top Forte crossover was indeed, over the top. I think the crossovers weight more than the Fortes.

Back
Top Bottom