1010 not as warm sounding as a 737?

Just as some like to use the loudness circuit ALL the time and turn up the bass controls, I usually prefer a flatter signal unless the speakers need a little tweaking. By a little I'm talking a single db or so of adjustment either way, more or less bass output. The 737 just might be the ticket for your ears.

On that subject, I always find it funny when someone judges what another person is hearing. My inner ear is unique, and so is my outer, just as all of yours are. There is absolutely no way in hell any two of us will hear in exactly the same way. So I would suggest using which ever receiver sounds best to you, who cares what others might think or hear.

Martin

That's some good advice there.

I am VERY sensitive to high pitched and some low pitched sounds. The other night it was raining and the neighbor two doors down from our house had rain dripping from his gutter on a milk jug in his recycling bin. Even with our windows closed, it woke me up and I walked over and moved his recycling bin. During the summer, even with our AC window unit growling away, I can still hear the HVAC pump kick on and off two doors up the street from me. However, I can barely hear lower midrange and some bass sounds. I don't own a cell phone because I can't hear them even on their loudest setting. I can't hear soft-spoken people, and I can't sometimes can't hear commercials on the radio that are cheaply recorded. There's some frequency range where I am about deaf, while other frequencies are blaringly loud to me. I'm only becoming aware of this more recently and I think it's what is influencing what I like to hear.

Back
Top Bottom