SA 9100 weird pop sound when turn on

carpe-diem

tubes and tubes
Hi,

I have a Pioneer SA 9100. Whenever I turn out, there is a big pop sound. The amp is working fine and I am able to listen to music via aux and other inputs. I just want to know what's the loud pop sound whenever I turn on. And what that will do to the amp?

Thanks.
CP

is the pop through the speakers ? if so is it both ?
and is it straight away or after a few seconds ?

I think it's just through the speaker and I heard both speakers with pop sound. It's about 2 second then there is a pop sound.

Last edited:
REBUILD the Protection circuit. You should not be hearing anything until the relay kicks in @ about 5-7 seconds. If you are hearing a pop within 2 seconds, that means the protection circuit is not working right by energizing the relay while there are large transient DC Voltages.

If I don't fix, will this damage the amp or speakers? And how do I rebuild the protection circuit?

Thanks.

you will need soldering skills and a list of replacement components ..there are lists already ..its the equipment and skills you need first .
if you have never soldered anything then a scrap board to practice on or better still a diy project to build first .
the amp wont get better on its own plus speakers wont like it .

How long it took from power on to relay engaged?normally it takes about 5S,if the relay engages too fast(about 1~2S) you will get a big pop sound.

Back
Top Bottom