What amp drives your Infinities?

I have the Kappa8s and I use a single Pioneer Spec2 amp. I will be adding a second Spec2 to biamp the Kappa8s soon.

I have a few amps that I use in a rotation of sorts.

Right now, Iam using a Bob Latino ST120 with a VTA driver board and EH6550 output tubes.
Its rated at 60wpc and it drives my Kappa 6.1's 10 times better than the Adcom GFA 545II that it replaced.

Sometimes I run them bi-amped with an Adcom GFA555II on the bass and a Carver TFM 15CB on the upper end. This is a really good sounding combo but IMO the ST120(tubes) do much, much better.

-Vic

I have 2 sets of kappa 9's ...... I use a Sunfire Series two on the woofers 325wpc @ 8 ohms which can double down to 1 ohm and a Nakamichi PA-7 on the mids and highs. On my second system I use a sae 2401 on the woofers and again a Nak PA-7 on the mids and highs... The Sunfire definatly has more punch than others I have tried and the NAKS sound real nice on the top end....

RS-1b's..currently using Krell KSA -250 on top (have also used VTL MB450's) and two Bryston 4b's running mono on the bottom.

infinity kappa 9 biamp with mcintosh mc 2100 in mono for bass ,midrange vtl stereo 90 or sometimes audio research classic 60 (8 6550 in triode ) :music:

Last edited:
RS-4.5 speakers driven by Sunfire 300, (2) Bryston 4B-ST, Mcintosh MC275 IV, MC2205, MC7270. Amps used in combination when biamping or by themselves full range (I only use the MC-275 on top when biamping).

I drive my Ren 90's with a Threshold 400A.

My Kappa 9s which are my primary speakers are currently driven with a pair of Threshold S/500 IIs. I am awaiting arrival of a second Threshold SA/2 which I will have rebuilt and then the pair will be driving the high pass on the 9s with one of the S/500s on the low pass and the other moving to the Ren 90s.

I will then move the 400A to my Kappa 7s.

RSII's have a Carver PM-600 right now. These will soon be bi-camp capable so I grabbed a Carver m0.5t for the mids & tweets. After I get a tube pre on these things I'll likely change it up.

Parasound 3500's on the 4.5's - vertical biamp (500 watts per/4 Ohm, 120 amp, >1,000 damping factor!)
Parasound 2205AT powering the 4 other 2.5's.
Carver TFM-45 on the Kappa 6's.
Yamaha receiver on the Kappa 7.1 Series II's.

Several Racks that I rotate around, one all SAE, preamp, parametric EQ, CD, tuner, active crossover, speaker selector, and a pair of 2400L, set up to for bi-amping.

Another Rack of all Phase Linear series II, Preamp, Tuner, Parametric EQ, Spectrum Anyalizer, Time Delay, Noise Reduction and Range expander, and three amps, one 300 series II, a 400 series II, and a 700 series II.

A couple of other racks with assorted equipment from Crown, Mcintosh, Sansui, SAE, Rane, DBX, Soundcraftsman, Infinity electronic controllers for the RS-1, and RS-1b's, Denon TT, Tascam cd and cassette. Plan on in the future to refine these out and make them into one Mcintosh rack, and one either Conrad Johnson, or Audio Research rack, tubes for the mid-highs, and SS mono blocks for the base towers my RS-1, and RS-1b's.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom