Who wants to Hear my System on 11/15?

Maxamillion

I'm having a get-together for members of my NY/NJ audio group on the 15th of November, from 2:00pm to 8:00pm or so. Those of you within driving distance of central NJ are welcome to stop by too. I live in Branchburg, NJ. PM me for more details if interested. Featured are my hot-rodded RSIIbs, driven by my DIY 833C DHT SET amps and DIY 26 DHT preamp.

Damn, I would love to hear them amps with your speakers. But it is a long drive, and November its already getting cold once you pass the Florida border.:D:D I wish those transformers were not so expensive, I would build a pair of those amps myself.

I am very interested. I am just over the PA border! pM on its way

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Damn!!!.......the friggin' transporter is on the fritz again. That is a very intriguing set up, I'd love to hear it! :thmbsp:

Man wish you were on the left coast i would be there for sure. Passed on on some RSIIb's couple years ago & got some Q3's instead. Always wanted to know what i was missing. If they sound as good as they look i might have to put them back on my wish list. Your audio furniture is the cats meow!

Who wanted to hear Max’s system? Well I did, so I was one of the attendees for a wonderful evening of music, food, and audio camaraderie. Max and his wife were perfect hosts. There was no shortage of hors d'oeuvres, sandwiches, deserts, and great sound. We got to listen to analog from a VPI Aires turntable/JMW arm/Dynavector setup, and digital from Max’s CD player and a PC source along with a very cool custom tube DAC playing both standard CDs and Hi Rez files.

Max’s system, as he has documented in various threads on this board, includes some seriously modified Infinity RSIIbs with Graz ribbons in the EMIMs, highly upgraded parts in the crossover, and a total reworking of the eq box. This really brings these 30 year olds up to modern standards and they can compete with any number of today’s $10k and up designs. The recent addition of his custom built single ended tube monoblock amplifiers and tube preamp perfectly complement the speakers. The amps were very stable driving the difficult load of the RSIIb and the system produced a very dynamic, detailed, dimensional sound.

I had a great time Max and want to thank you and your wife again for hosting.

It was very nice of Max and Mrs. Max to invite AK members to listen to his/their system.
Wish I could have attended but too far away.

Thanks mberk! It was great hosting you and the Audionervosa guys. Thanks for bringing over the PC with high-res files - between that, my CD/HD player and the TT we had a lot of variety in sources.

PS, I ordered silver wire Slagleformers today to replace the copper ones that act as volume controls and output transformers in my 26 preamp. My Christmas and birthday present! I expect they may improve detail and transparency a bit further...

:rolleyes: Damn, I'm on AK everyday and just saw this now. Oh well.
I'm only about 40 miles away as the crow flies.

Back
Top Bottom