Let's Twang it up KC style!

Glad you made it home. I'm still reminiscing about what a great time it was. :thmbsp: Not to mention still working on stuff I brought home! How did my truck get so full? :scratch2:

Barb and I [finally!] rolled up in front of "Rancho el Splat" last night well before midnight, after some more days in Overland Park, and a long drive back to Carlsbad. Computer access at last!

It was so good to see you all again, and to see some new faces as well.
Good company!
Good food!
Good coffee!
Good brownies!
Good tunes!
Awesome audio out on the lawn, courtesy of Ed!
...and not least...
Great hosts!

Thanks to all for generous deals, but I wonder at myself for arriving with one tuner and leaving with three...

The excellent coffee at T-fest was a good lead-in to a Roasterie factory tour, and later, an obscure place off 31st Street called All About Coffee, the coffee equivalent to a high-end audio salon. Ever seen a $400+ coffee maker or an $85 espresso tamper? I never knew some of that stuff even existed! An SYT at the Roasterie gave me the word to use 200 degree water (good idea) and 75 grams of coffee per batch in my french press (bad idea). I figured out they want us to use more Roasterie coffee. They also won't let you know that there are other roasters in town, one in my hometown of Gladstone, and I'm going to try some of that real soon (bought a small bag). Looks like KC is becoming a coffee mecca, the Seattle of the Midwest maybe...

On the way home, we stopped in Erick, Oklahoma for gas and pizza (my third-favorite pizza place, after Minsky's in KC, and McSalty's in Springfield, MO). We took in the Roger Miller museum, which we hugely enjoyed, and a local junk store. It was a lovely town with friendly people, and I'll never say a bad word about Sooners again...

I hate to wait for the next T-fest!!

The two-state pecan pie was the bomb!!!!

Oh?! And my bean dip was not da bomb? No, really though, I'll bow to the brownies...

Two pans, please, next time! One mit nuts...

Back
Top Bottom