St. Louis Gateway Audio Society Audiojumble

Nice! Thats on my way to work that morning...I'll have to stop by. Thanks for the heads up.

There will be a lot of good gear there, even though this is our first effort at a formal jumble. The problem is being careful enough as a seller that you don't leAve with more stuff than you started. There already are a couple of killer tube amps.

This wouldn't be a bad table to stop by... and it"s not mine.

McIntosh 1900 receiver
Consonance Cyber 211 Monoblocks (tubed)
Korato KVP10 tubed preamp
Audio Research EC3 active 3-way crossover
Scott 99d mono tube integrated amp w/Telefunken inputs
NAK 1000 II cassette deck with remote
JBL 250ti speakers (these are close by; they are too big to haul)
12 inch Tannoy 3169 drivers in custom cabinets
AR4 speakers
Technics turntable
dbx T-1 Tuner
Radii GS75pp EL34 Monoblocks (tube)
NOS Citation 12 Amplifier KIT (never built)
Yamaha R-1000 receiver
SAE 180 Parametric Equalizer
Sony SACD changer with box (Two to choose from)
Records, LPs
Reel to reel decks
Vintage and high end raw loudspeaker drivers
NOS Rotel dealer sign
Cables and miscellaneous

Here is a photo of the Consonance 211 monoblocs, which I would give my left n%^ to buy, if only it hadn't already gone to pay the second installment on our son's braces. :sigh:

And I believe the Radii and the Korato are in this photo as well.

The 211s delivered the best sax presentation I have ever heard from a stereo. It was so good that another AK member and I were convinced someone was honking in real life, until we rounded the doorway and walked into the red room.

Gas

I'd like to attend just to see what how the upper crust lives. :)
But seriously, how are purchases in the thousands of dollars going to be handled? Will some sellers accept checks, PayPal or credit card?
Is there going to be some security in the event someone is carrying a wad of cash hoping he finds what he wants?

There will be armed security, and unarmed security, present. The event is in the gym at a large Catholic Church, not a good spot for criminals to attempt a robbery or other criminal action. All purchases will include a receipt that will be checked at the exit. We also will have a tailgate sale outside the gym, so any robber fleeing the scene probably would get run over by one of our older parishioners who can't see any color other than red, due to cataracts.

All the "vendors" are hobbyists, and not a company, so your transaction will be a matter of what each individual vendor desires. I do know that generally everyone accepts cash, and all vendors except one are long time Gateway Audio Society members. We have three banks with a ten minute drive in south county.

As far as the upper crust, we are far from that - we are closer to the bagette and crouton scene. Watch out for my son, if he sees you with a wad of cash, he will stalk you and demand you buy a root beer float from him.:yes:

I've actually passed on a couple of Scott 99s. I have my crazy retro-futuristic Bell 2200C in the repair queue already. If I found one at a garage sale for $5, I'd snag it, but in general I really don't need one.

Back
Top Bottom