MidWest Audiofest...let's get a count...

gonefishin

Hi Guys...for those of you that don't know about the MidWest AudioFest...you can go to the webpage here.

Last year was a good time...I've got some pictures I took of last years event posted here

It would be good to meet all of you...and perhaps we could use this as a type of gathering. But, I've heard rooms are starting to go fast...so you may want to call and make reservations if you are going to go.

so...the questions...are you going? (me...yes)

...are you going to bring any equipment? (me...maybe...we'll see how it goes)

...should we look into getting a room for audiokarma members and their equipment?

...do you drink beer? (me...yes)

...do you drink coffee? (me...yes)

There are some swap tables at the LimaFest

...do you plan on setting up a table for yourself...to sell some of your equipment?

...should we (audiokarma) perhaps also get a swap table...we can donate some equipment to be sold at the event with all proceeds going to AK.

whatcha's think?

Like Minds

I was just thinking about posting something simillar.

Yes, I'm going Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I do need to get my reservation in. Are you staying at the Wingate again? My friend (speakerman57) has reservations on the same floor with many of the attending manufacturers. He also has a DEMO ROOM reserved for our newly formed Audio Club. Who are you going with, are you sharing a room with anyone?

I'll bring at the very least my amp. Both Brian (Venus), another member and a local friend (see above) have talked about sharing a seperate "demo room". I haven't committed with anyone. I'd like to bring more stuff, like my PLC and some nice power cords.

I proposed the "AK room" a while back. Like I said, I'd love to setup my own system even though it's not exactly "Hi-Efficiency". This would be used to show off the gear as much as promote AK. If other members wanted to "donate" some stuff that's cool also. I haven't committed myself to this idea either as I'd like some freedom to check out other systems. Remember I didn't attend last year.

Yes, I drink coffee and beer.

No, I do not plan on selling any equipment / devices.

FYI - There is a new (central Ohio) audio club being formed and they will be represented at Lima. Even though they have a room reserved I've chosen to focus on my AK associations this (next) year, then play it by ear the following year.

UPDATE: I just reserved a room for Friday and Saturday at the Wingate.

MikE

Last edited:
I'm going, booked a room Thursday through to monday but not yet sure exactly when I will get there and leave. I don't think I'll bring any gear due to the potentially huge hassle I would have at customs - I'm coming down from Toronto. Beer - yes, I do have a bit of a problem with leaving the country without carrying along a large supply of Canadian suds. Hope to see a bunch of you guys there.

Cheers. Billf

Hey im in. Gotta make my reservations very soon. Still not sure if anyones making the trip down with me but come hell or high water I will be there. I dont drink much anymore but I will throw one or two back with ya guys. As for a the other questions I still aint sure but theres a small chance i could bring my OHM F's and my 2205.

Grumpy

Please send me a ticket and put me up in a place with room service. I really want to be there and see and hear all the toys.

I will be there! Can't wait to meet some of you guys!!

Beer and coffee!

No gear though. Get's tuff with carry-on!

Robh:)

well, I finally booked me a room...I'm going to arrive Thursday and leave early on Sunday. Not sure how many rooms they have left...but she said they are filling up fast.

see you guys there ;)

Geez with all you guys going I gotta find a way to get there! Are we getting an AK room or no? Either way, if I do go, I'm definetly bringing a system for the hotel room at least.

Mike

FYI guys if you book with hotfares you can get the smoking room with king size bed and free high speed internet and breakfast for $62.30/night.

Mike

Last edited:
ProAC,

You'd have to pay me three times that to stay one night in a smoking room! :puke:

Rob

ProAC,

I used to smoke, so I'm hyper sensitive now and I have discovered that I cannot tolerate those smoking rooms at all. I wasn't pointing fingers at smokers, just the hotel rooms. Yeah we all have our problems. I still play my music too loud! ;)

Rob

Back
Top Bottom