Yamaha CR-2020 Faulty, No sound, SB Mods.

I'm digging up this thread as i've recently acquired a 2020.
Thanks for the walk through and the parts list here, it is more than useful to an AM
electronics guy.
One or two question i have for the OP or Merrylander is.
The switch mod.
I have the SB pdf of this fix, but am unable to tell if its a switch replacement AND a jumper, or a Switch replacement OR a Jumper.

I also need to replace most of the window bulbs.. what spec bulbs did you go with?

I'm digging up this thread as i've recently acquired a 2020.
Thanks for the walk through and the parts list here, it is more than useful to an AM
electronics guy.
One or two question i have for the OP or Merrylander is.
The switch mod.
I have the SB pdf of this fix, but am unable to tell if its a switch replacement AND a jumper, or a Switch replacement OR a Jumper.

I also need to replace most of the window bulbs.. what spec bulbs did you go with?

Just a jumper wire.

also need to replace most of the window bulbs.. what spec bulbs did you go with?

Contact Dave at dgwojo.com. Tell him you need a relamp kit for a 2020 and he will build you a kit with the correct lamps.

If you truly love your 2020, don't put crap cheap parts in it. Non of the parts in the SB are expensive. It's just a small handful of parts. Like less then 8 parts if I remember right. Maybe even like 6. Do it right or don't do it. Moving the boards around is the hardest part of the repair.

You were right. I should of listened to you. I put in cheap parts, turned it on, and it started smoking.
I was so mad at myself, I put the receiver on a shelf, and it's been sitting there for 5 years.
At the time, I was unemployed, and bought cheap parts. Not sure what kind of damage I did to the unit.

Since then, I got a new job/career, and I'm doing great!

Just recently, I bought another CR-2020. Seller said, it powers on, but no sound.

So, I get another chance at doing it right this time!
And I still have my old unit, if I should need some spare parts.

One problem I had, is some the traces on the board came up, so I had to use small pieces of wire, to fix the connections.
Thinking I used too much heat, to unsolder the old parts?

Almost afraid to do the repair again on this new one!

But I miss it so much, that's why I bought another one.
It's still in the shipping box, BTW.

I will order the parts from Mouser this time. Maybe I can get both of them working again?

Back
Top Bottom