New CR-820 owner

dave88

Hello, esp Merrylander from a Germantowner....
Just got a nice (looking, original) 820, but left channel drops out 90% after playing a few minutes. Im thinking preamp board trans? I am starting (ordering) process of total re-capping, some are harder to locate/purchase, I want to restore. Of course a couple noisy pots.
Also, as a refresh, I might like to re-transistor, as needed, pre and finals; any recommendations? Do not know equivalents. Dropout I am thinking is Preamp trans related...

I have service manual. DC is under 40mV on both channels, at speaker out.

Thanks

Hello, esp Merrylander from a Germantowner....
Just got a nice (looking, original) 820, but left channel drops out 90% after playing a few minutes. Im thinking preamp board trans? I am starting (ordering) process of total re-capping, some are harder to locate/purchase, I want to restore. Of course a couple noisy pots.
Also, as a refresh, I might like to re-transistor, as needed, pre and finals; any recommendations? Do not know equivalents. Dropout I am thinking is Preamp trans related...

I have service manual. DC is under 40mV on both channels, at speaker out.

Thanks
Welcome to AK....
Should be able to find everything you need at Mouser. If you have any problems give me a shout.

Thanks all for the help/advice.

I will be going over all the boards in a couple weeks, and it will take me a couple weeks, if not more, depending. I will try to provide a summary.

It's really a good looking receiver, and I'm glad I found it when I did.

OP: Aloha! Welcome to AK.

Congrats on that Natural Sound Receiver. It's a beauty for sure.

Avionic is one of our Yamaha Gurus. He'll be the guy to help you the most. Keep us posted as that Receiver is a classic and we'd love to see pictures of the process and it all buttoned up and dressed for service when it is finished.

Back
Top Bottom