Misheard lyrics ("The Crosseyed Bear")

Hendrix416

Nice Buzz/Good Tunes
Ever hear a song and a certain line raises the question "Did they just sing what I thought they sang?"

I used to think Otis Redding in "Dock of the Bay" was singing: Sitting on the top of a bed watching a tire roll away." The real lyrics were "Sittin on the dock of the bay watching a tide roll away."

I think this thread concept has been done before, but what the heck.

When Freda Payne sang Band Of Gold when I was a kid I was sure she was saying pantyhose. At age 11 I was not quite sure why someone would leave their pantyhose behind but I thought I had an idea.

"Since you've been gone
All that's left is your panty hose
All that's left of the dream I hold
Is your panty hose"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIDeK7bVfUk

Couple of Gospel ones-"Constipated Cross-Eyed Bear"-Consecrated Cross I Bear.."Old Shit's A-Dyin'..'- Old Ship of Zion..

"There's a bad moon on the rise" = "There's a bathroom on the right".....no kidding that is what I though they said!

"There's a bad moon on the rise" = "There's a bathroom on the right".....no kidding that is what I though they said!

On Fogerty's Premonition album, that is what he sings as a joking reference to the misheard lyric.

Deep Purple / Pictures of Home.

They sing "I'm alone here" I sang "I'm a longhair" :D

To this day I thought Blinded by the light was referring to douche I just checked and it is duece I guess duece coupe now it makes sense

All of these are funny but mine it seems to me is bad or sad,take your pick!
My favorite 60'-70's Band THE WHO sand "Who are you" right and for 25+ yrs I thought they sang "Cool Water" and still to this day don't know why...lolOLOLOLOL:)

P/S...Must be the Country in me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jimi Hendrix. Purple Haze. "'scuse me while I kiss this guy."

I used to think Jimi swung both ways.

To this day I thought Blinded by the light was referring to douche I just checked and it is duece I guess duece coupe now it makes sense

Probably one of the most difficult song lyrics to understand. Elton John has a few frequently mis-sung songs.

Back
Top Bottom