Laser Unit for Yamaha CDX-5000 vs CDX-1100

dscalderon

I hope someone has personal experience with my dilemma. I have a non-working Yamaha CDX-5000 CD player that was diagnosed with a bad laser. Checking various resources online it appears that the CDX-1100 uses the same MLP7 laser. I found a working CDX-1100 and hoped to do a swap. Upon opening the units up, the tech found they are not the same laser. Any ideas of why they are not the same or were they never really the same and the online info is incorrect?

Last edited:
I hope someone has personal experience with my dilemma. I have a non-working Yamaha CDX-5000 CD player that was diagnosed with a bad laser. Checking various resources online it appears that the CDX-1100 uses the same MLP7 laser. I found a working CDX-1100 and hoped to do a swap. Upon opening the units up, the tech found they are not the same laser. Any ideas of why they are not the same or were they never really the same and the online info is incorrect?
I suspect that they were never the same, and that the online information is simply incorrect.

Have you managed to get your CDX-5000 fixed?

Back
Top Bottom