A Yamaha RX-V375 Made All the Difference!

Drumolator

Several years ago I took two Boston Acoustics T1000 tower speakers that had four rotten woofers and one blown tweeter and put an 8" Goldwood full-range drivers in the front and 8" Dayton Reference woofers in the back, no crossover. After using them for a few months with an equalizer and two receivers, I retired them for a while.

Recently, I bought a Yamaha RX-V375 AVR. I connected the full-range drivers to the AVR front speaker terminals and ran the sound calibration. Man! Do they sound great! The EQ in the Yamaha really smoothed out the Goldwoods. I set the subwoofer crossover to 100hz and power the Dayton woofers with our older Insignia stereo receiver. Most of the time I do not even turn on the subs because the front full-range Goldwoods sound so good.

The sources are a DISH Network box, a Sony TV, a Philips DVD/CD player, and a Panasonic DVD recorder. This is the best system I have ever had: open, balanced, and as loud as I can stand it. Movies and music sound great. Peace and goodwill.

Hey! A guy can like full-range drivers without going minimalist, open baffle, tube amp, etc. I do not have room for open-baffle speakers. There are many roads to the mountain. Peace and goodwill.

It is almost a year later, and I am still loving this AVR. Now I have an AudioSource power amp powering the subwoofers. This system still sounds great. I still marvel at the sound quality, and it gets as loud as I would ever want. Yamaha rocks big time! Peace and goodwill.

I set my brother up with one a little while ago. Just dropped in to fine tune it and I was amazed at how good this little BOTL receiver sounded. Good job Yamaha!

Back
Top Bottom