Yamaha R s-700 hum/buzz?

Gino

All around good guy
Hello all,
I have a Yamaha R S-700 that I've used daily for the past two years or so. I love the receiver, but I've noticed a slight buzz or mid-frequency hum in all input modes. There seems to be no relationship to volume level. That is to say, if volume level is increased or decreased without any signal input, the noise level stays constant. I've tried plugging the receiver into different electrical outlets with and without power strips and extension cord sand the problem persists. I hear the same buzz/hum through the headphones. I have not added or subtracted anything to the system and I have not added anything new in my home that may cause a noise issue. One thing I have noticed is the buzz/hum noise level changes momentarily when I turn off the panel display on the receiver, but the noise returns a moment later and is still present when panel lights are on or off. I have three other amps and receivers in the same room with no hum/buzzing issues. Does anyone have any ideas on how I should proceed in further troubleshooting the problem? Thanks, Gino

No, I bought it on Amazon and the warranty ran out last year. I've bought a lot of stuff on Amazon and sometimes they are flexible in situations such as this to keep customers happy. I don't know how flexible they'll be in replacing a $500 receiver, but I may give it a shot. Gino

Back
Top Bottom