Yulong D200 vs. DA8

dmitchell

The GF website states the D200 is a " Simplified version from the high end model Yulong Sabre DA8".

How simplified?

What does double the price of the DA8 get you?

Have you read up on the specs for both units and then cross-compared them carefully?

If I was buying a more expensive DAC than the two GF's Tube units I currently own; I would do exactly that. I would then look for on-line reviews starting with Headfi and other enthusiasts' web sites. After all of that, I would call Rachel at GF and ask her opinion. She is very knowledgeable and in my experience knows how to properly price the audio equipment she sells.

At some point, the cost for something sounding just a little more refined is more than I'm willing to pay. That said, I own a couple of really expensive CDP's that most people would not pay the difference over a more basic unit to acquire.

You know it's like buying a Ford Mustang. Oh yeah for a decent price you can have the V6 engine that will gives you great feeling. Then, there's the 5.0L engine, then the BOSS, then the Shelby, same car right?...

There is a highly professional review just coming up done by a seasoned reviewer from Head-fi.org, comparing the D200 and DA8 thoroughly. Review link is here: http://headphone.guru/yulong-audio-dac/

This should answer lots of questions about how Yulong D200 is different from DA8, to help potential buyers to make an informed choice.

Happy Listening.
Rachel @ Grant Fidelity

Back
Top Bottom