A Vintage Kenwood Cutie

Tripod

Last Wednesday, someone gave me this little KA-2000A which was incredibly dusty.

After a good vacuming, I connected a pair of speakers and 230Vac through a 100W lightbulb.

I haven't had a chance to do the other necessary work such as cleaning pots etc but for now, it just hums softly on the right channel and the left is totally silent.

I also checked the 1A fuse which is present and correct.

I will do some more work in the course of the coming week.

What are your exeriences with this little amp?

tripod

Attachments

• IMG_7095.JPG
    IMG_7095.JPG
    77.1 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_7090.JPG
    IMG_7090.JPG
    159.8 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_7094.JPG
    IMG_7094.JPG
    165.5 KB · Views: 102
no experience but that's a sweet looking amp.

Looking forward to hearing your impression of it when working. Guessing late 60s early 70s?

congrats!

It's a very nice sounding amp.. not quite as warm sounding as other small amps from around the same period,but it sure can go loud for it's size.

Hi Guys

Thanks for your kind comments. I think it will be a nice companion to my Dynaco SCA-35.

Will keep ya posted.

Regds

tripod

I used to own one and was well pleased. Schematics are available online and any necessary work is relatively easy.

In the UK they were called Trio because a food mixer here was called Kenwood

Kenwood is also a very nice parkland area in Hampstead London.

https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7185/6935653023_9fc2e9bedc_z.jpg

Trio was a Japanese company formed by three engineers(trio...). The company's name prior to coming to the West was Trio, remained Trio in Japan until about the late '80s.

Preference for one name or another is in the eye of the beholder and not an issue. What did Shakespeare say about a Rose by any other name....?

Back
Top Bottom