CannonballAdderlyFiddler.jpg

Alto Saxophone – Cannonball Adderley
Piano – Joe Zawinul
Tenor Saxophone, Flute – Charles Lloyd
Trumpet, Cornet – Nat Adderley
Bass – Sam Jones
Drums – Louis Hayes

Recorded in 1964

The Quartet Of Charlie Parker - The Genius Of Charlie Parker,Vol III - Now's The Time.Verve/Polygram, Japan.Music from the late fortie's that's actually well recorded....

h2L4vr.jpg

PAUL DESMOND & THE MODERN JAZZ QUARTET
Recorded Live on December 25, 1971 at Town Hall/NYC
Paul Desmond
The Modern Jazz Quartet

Red Baron

I didn't get to it last night, but I will.

That Barron that I listened to last night is one hell of an album. I need to get on it with his stuff.

I also managed to listen to a bit of Tonic on CBC, listened to some Ralph Sutton and Ike Quebec this afternoon, and am about to load up the garage system for a grilled salsa making session. I think a little Leo Parker is just about right.

There's not one bad album. I am a member of a private blog and through trading there I have all of his early Savoy albums in FLAC. What's mine is yours so just say the word and I will upload them to a server for you. When looking for early Barron you must consider Ted Curson led sides as well, they were ebony and ivory back then. PM me if you're interested in some digital goodness.

IMG_0659_zps740d9a28.jpg

I have this album too and when I transferred it to share online a friend researched the album info since the back has not a drop... its a real mash up of players and infact is barely a Cozy album. Still a great one

Plymouth P-12-155
1944, 1945, 1955

November 14 1944 (01 02) - Cozy Cole (New York)
November 21 1944 (03 06) - Cozy Cole (New York)
May 02 1955 (12) - Henri Carels Jean Fanis (Brussels)
August 22 1945 (04 05) - Timme Rosenkrantz and His Barons (New York)
August 1955 (07-11) - Herman Sandy's Quartet (Brussels)

Timme Rosenkrantz - leader (04 05); Charlie Shavers - trumpet (01-03 06); Herman Sandy - trumpet (07-11); Henri Carels - trumpet (12)

Otto Hardwick - alto (04 05); Johnny Bothwell - alto (04 05); Walter Foots Thomas - alto, tenor (01 02)

Coleman Hawkins - tenor (01-03 06); Don Byas - tenor (03 06); Charlie Ventura - tenor (04 05)

Harry Carney - baritone (04 05);

Hank D'Amico - clarinet (01-03 06); Roger Asselberghs - clarinet (12)

Red Norvo - vibes (04 05);

Clyde Hart - piano (01 02); Johnny Guarnieri - piano(03 06)
Jimmy Jones - piano (04 05); Jean Fanis - piano (07-12); Tiny Grimes - guitar (01 02)

Slam Stewart - bass (01-03 06); John Levy - bass (04 05); Jean Warland - bass (07-11)
Nick Klechkovsky - bass (12);

Cozy Cole - drums (01-03 06); Specs Powell - drums (04 05)
Freddie Rottier - drums (07-11); Leon Bodash Demeuldre - drums (12)

There's not one bad album. I am a member of a private blog and through trading there I have all of his early Savoy albums in FLAC. What's mine is yours so just say the word and I will upload them to a server for you. When looking for early Barron you must consider Ted Curson led sides as well, they were ebony and ivory back then. PM me if you're interested in some digital goodness.

Thanks!

Curtis Fuller - The Opener
Kenny Burrell with Coleman Hawkins - Bluesy Burrell
Jason Moran - Mordernistic and All Rise

Back
Top Bottom