Need some reassurance...KX-200

kn8243

Hey guys. Longtime fisher fan here. 500/400, love them both. My friend recently picked up a KX-200 in its case/with paperwork. Its in fantastic shape. He went through and checked all things out and replaced a few caps but it all checks out. From what he was saying it was a stratakit but whoever assembled it did a hell of a job. I can't justifying purchasing it outright, so I'm going to sell off a few things to justify it. Needed a little encouragement from people to help me pull the trigger. Thanks in advance!

Well, I can tell you I absolutely LOVE my KX-100. Works perfectly. Like your 200, I ought mine a few years back after it was serviced and had a few caps replaced. Not a full recap, which I would like to do someday, but enough to have it working well and singing pretty. And oh, does it ever sing pretty!

Doesn't look bad either ;)

My KX200 is my first ever tube amp, purchased from a member here on Barter Town. It was sold to me with the knowledge that it needed work, and I, with the help of everyone here replaced all the caps underneath, it had no tubes so I purchased all the needed tubes, purchased a wood case for it, and I really enjoy it. I have never had any other Fisher so I can't speak to if the KX200 is worth selling one or both of your other Fishers, but I enjoy mine quite a bit.

I've ran one for the last 3 years as my main amp. They are great units, well worth it. Also, I don't consider the fact that it's a kit a bad thing. Firstly If you bought the amp with the intentions of building it chances are you know a fair bit about them. Secondly, if this is your amp that you are going to enjoy you are going to do everything you can to do the best job possible. Obviously this doesn't apply to all of them so you should still be careful, but I have seen more well done than butchered by a long shot.

Also, I don't consider the fact that it's a kit a bad thing. Firstly If you bought the amp with the intentions of building it chances are you know a fair bit about them. Secondly, if this is your amp that you are going to enjoy you are going to do everything you can to do the best job possible.

Agree, and this builder even installed a headphone jack.
His work is impeccable, right in line with Fisher factory units.

attachment.php

IMHO, you don't need the tuner section (hardly anything worth listening to on fm anyway, at least around here + compression). That being said it had better iron than the 500. my 2c

I appreciate everyone's feedback...I'm taking delivery of it Monday! It was gone through by my friend and it apparently sounds great. He's a huge fan of the beefy iron that it has. I helped sell a guitar amp that he had and in part I'm picking it up with the cabinet for $100. Can't tell you how excited I am! Now to purchase his 10B as a mate!!!!

Thank you for all your input

:banana:

Got pushed back a few weeks but i took delivery of it on the way into work this morning....can't wait to get it home and start playing some vinyl through it. Damn its clean! This will be the longest work day ever...

Back
Top Bottom