What brand signal cables are you using for your McIntosh gear?

chuckworkb

I am interested in knowing what brand signal cables your using on your Mc gear. I am going to move things around and will need to get some replacements for my signal cables. The person I used to get them from on AG is no longer selling. I will be shopping soon, and wondered what others used.

My goal here is not to have a thread about why one brand or type is better than the other, but just to get a list of sellers to check out.

Thanks

Lets see my C100 is fully balanced and most of my components have XLR outputs/inputs, D100 DAC, Digital Recorder, MC 275s, MC501s have Tributaries Series 8 & 7.

Three Turntables with a mix of RCA, Kimber Kable Hero, AQ Mackenzie, I have KK Hero's to swap in for all TT when I get a chance.

3m AQ Forest USB for computer.

Speakers have AQ Rocket 33 and I just got a set of KK to try out.

I really like Blue Jeans. They have done so many little things for me. Special order stuff and super nice guys with quality gear.

I make my own cables, Belden with Neutik XLR's and RCA connectors and silver solder....

Two complete sets of Analysis Plus and Crimson Cable. I switch out complete sets, no mix and matching.

Mcintosh MA7000, Mcintosh D150, Mcintosh XR50 speakers and Acoustic Solid Turntable.

What ever cables I can find in a bargain bin. Right now I believe most of my cables are from Radio Shack.

I'm with you. I buy whatever cables look to be decent quality with heavy wire and good ends. I don't spend a lot on cables anymore. I can't tell the difference.

The vintage tube stuff "likes" low capacitance good quality interconnect cables and clean sockets for best results.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

The vintage tube stuff "likes" low capacitance good quality interconnect cables and clean sockets for best results.

Can you hear a difference? I don't have tubes and I could never hear a difference between a heavy expensive cable and a $10 Radio Shack cable.

Can you hear a difference? I don't have tubes and I could never hear a difference between a heavy expensive cable and a $10 Radio Shack cable.

Yes, I could when I was fooling with cables in the 1980s, it was more about capacitance and configuration than cost.

I use Canare and Monster cable with Cannon XLR connectors, Monster cable Split pin RCA pin connectors and split pin banana plugs with screw in locking pin. The speaker wires are silver soldered to Monster cable spade lugs which are locked into the the banana plugs. I bought the Canjare and Monster cable in bulk and built my own cables to custom length. You save tons of money that way. Before that I used Barker cables exclusively. Those were the cables Mcintosh use to include with their products in the old days.

Back
Top Bottom