C50 don't find USB :/

ok
Disconnect usb cable from your pc
Uninstall McIntosh drivers, reboot
Install McIntosh drivers and then connect the usb

That should work

Ps: Do you check your usb cable connection after chassis change?!

Your C50 is fine with V2.10- 2.10. The problem is with your computer settings.

After installing the McIntosh USB driver on your computer.

Go to Control Panel-> Sound-> set SPEAKERS MCINTOSH USB AUDIO as a default device.

You will then be able to use the C50.

What version of windows are you using? What music program?

Thanks,
Ron-C

If you do not see the McIntosh USB audio in your computer settings-> Sound panel you do not have the driver loaded or your new HTPC has a defective USB section since the C50 worked on the last computer you had.
Make sure you are using the latest Win 8 driver from the Download section of the McIntosh web site at the bottom of the C50 product page.
You will need to have the C50 powered on and USB connected to see McIntosh Audio on your computer.
You are using a USB 2.0 High Speed USB cable??

Thanks,
Ron-C

You can test the computer USB port with another USB device like a printer. You need to test and stop loading software until you verify the computer problem.

Thanks,
Ron-C

Windows is a non issue. McIntosh uses both Windows and MAC OS in developing these products.

Thanks,
Ron-C

If you do not see McIntosh USB Audio as a selection under Sound in your Control Panel you will not have sound? Have you checked your control panel? Tell us what is listed when the C50 is connected by USB cable and turned on.

Thanks,
Ron-C

Now i use Coax from My PC to digital input, the only way I can play some music
But now in 24/192 with some PC ground Jitter :/
With USB input c50 use 32/192 and no jitter at all !

Hi Chris,

What do you mean by PC ground jitter ?

Coax can go higher than anything in term of speed. You should not have any problem. I do it all day 192/24.

"Jitter" (ground disturbance ) from PC
I can see my VU meters moving little when I'm not playing any sound.
But I think the coax vs USB sound warmer and nicer ;)

But when I use to have USB working the VU meters not moving around when I mute the music

So I think I get some destructions from coax output (PC) to my coax digital input C50.

But I still don't now what happend with the USB problem :/

Thats not Jitter, Jitter is the undesired deviation of a periodic signal from the ideal timing.
What is happening on your coaxial input is not Jitter.

Have you got another Computer with a USB port to try with the C50?

You need to find what the problem is, you need to eliminate the C50 or the computer.

It is possible the C50 is faulty, but you need to be sure, so get another computer connected to the C50.

It could be that you need to re-burn the USB audio software onto the C50...

You will need to contact Audio Classics, or McIntosh to do this. But first find out if it is the C50 at fault....

Back
Top Bottom