Trying to find another good receiver.

bad400

I am going to look at some Yamaha's in a couple weeks, and i am wondering what models i should look for.
I have the R-V703, i think its a mid 90's model. this receiver has been a great unit, nothing to complain about at all.
I am going to get another Yamaha for the living room, i'd like to stay in the 5.1 set-up.
I like to know what other models are as trouble free as the R-V703. something with power and a sub pre-out.
I don't need all the HDMI stuff or optical stuff, but if it has component hook-up's that's fine.

Any recommendations?

I recently replaced my RX-V2500 after 7 years of trouble free service in every day HT use. No clue if that is typical for similar models.

130w x 7 if I remember correctly.

Has component video, not HDMI, so lots of similar units should be getting replaced as component video becomes obsolete.

Very easy to check specs and I/O options on the Yamaha site....

I am sorta leaning towards and another R-V703, but the R-V902 and the R-V1105 looks good as well.
I'm just not sure what other models from different years are similar in power and functions and are still as reliable.
I have heard some pretty bad things about the HTR and some of the RX-V lines.
I guess i'll just have to wait and see what all this guy has, said to have many units for a $100 or less to choose from.

My R-V703 does have one issue, the light on the volume knob is out. i may see what he would charge to replace the bulb, if its as simple as that.

One problem with the internet is that Google can always find the guys that had a problem with a piece of equipment. The hundreds or thousands that never have a problem are much harder to find.

Good luck!

One problem with the internet is that Google can always find the guys that had a problem with a piece of equipment. The hundreds or thousands that never have a problem are much harder to find.

Good luck!

True,
Next weekend i'm going to check out some Yamahas, i'm taking some speakers with me so i can hear what they sound like.
I know how my R-V703 sounds with these speakers, so they should help me pick another receiver.

Back
Top Bottom