Atlanta Audiophiles: Have a "Reel to Reel" Good Time

5th beatle

Yup, this "Reely" good time happens Sunday, June 30 from 2-5 pm. Grammy winner and world-class mastering engineer Paul Stubblebine is flying in from San Francisco to address the June meeting of the Audio-Video Club of Atlanta.

Stubblebine will share stories from his illustrious 40-year recording career as well as play samples of his stunning reel to reel masters. Reel to Reel is making a comeback like vinyl. No wonder, the sonic warmth and realism of tape is stunning.

As a mastering engineer, Paul listens and evaluates recordings and will point out what priorities are most important in producing the sound we hear at home.

This meet is free and open to the public. Refreshments served. See our website for more information about the Audio-Video Club of Atlanta and directions to the event. A-VCOA.org. :music:

Last edited:
"Reel to Reel is making a comeback like vinyl. No wonder, the sonic warmth and realism of tape is stunning."

I can't imagine recording vinyl to any other format. I can see why RTRs are valued. Comeback? Not too sure there. Serious analog heads have always kept a nice 10.5"er around though. I prefer 1/2 track machines.

"Reel to Reel is making a comeback like vinyl. No wonder, the sonic warmth and realism of tape is stunning."

I can't imagine recording vinyl to any other format. I can see why RTRs are valued. Comeback? Not too sure there. Serious analog heads have always kept a nice 10.5"er around though. I prefer 1/2 track machines.

No offense, but was that really necessary as the first reply to an announcement for a hi-fi meet?

Granted, Reel to Reels will always be a special niche for gear heads. However, the sonic magic Paul is able to capture is way cool. And let's not forget those fabulous Capital and Columbia sides from the 40's, 50's, and 60's were captured on R to R then transfered to that stax of wax.:banana:

Back
Top Bottom