Ever had one of those nights when you just could not stop listening to your system?

fredjones

Recently got a C-4 preamp and new CD-S700 to go with my existing A-S500.
Really didn't know what I was in store for until I got everything hooked up tonight.

Old stuff, new stuff, CDs, LPs, it all just sounded new, different, alive. Just kept on listening to different music and it all was fantastic.

I run the CD player through the preamp because the C-4 somehow just makes it sound more dimensional if that makes any sense. I will say this is that modern recordings sound better on modern CD players, at least to me. I have been listening to Chris Standring's Electric Wonderland and it is excellent through this new CDP.

Happens everyday! I work from home and on the desk sits my CR-1020 that feeds Dynaco A-25's. Slaved off the receiver is a Yamaha P-2200 that drive the JBL 4410's sitting under the desk (angled upwards toward my ears).

I often put in overtime just because I'm not done listening yet!

It has happened a few times to me in the past, but mostly when I was younger and I would upgrade. I kind of thought that I was pretty well over it and then I recently got a pair of NS-40M s and a couple pairs of NS-500M s. They are set up in separate rooms. I rediscovered that "Oh, I wonder what THIS will sound like" feeling again. My system in the basement has a Yamaha CDC-775 played through an EQ-70 powered by an RX-V1070 and the pair of NS-40M s. I also have a YST SW-160 that is just barely on. Though fairly modest in price, this set sounds as near perfect as any I've ever had and I am enjoying it immensely.

Had one of those nights last night. Everything sounds newly smooth and dramatic through my newly refoamed AR-10pis. Nat Cole. Hair metal. Brahms Violin Concerto. Couldn't stop. Thankfully I had an excuse. - making Easter baskets for the kids.

Yup. Happens often enough even without any new elements in the sytem.
Some nights it all sounds so great. Normally I listen for an hour and tubes are perfectly warmed up after that time. On the good nights three hours of listening because it sounds perfect.

Back
Top Bottom