CR-220: Easy Recap?

captouch

Addicted Member
I just finished my first recap on a single tone board - <20 caps and just a few transistors. It went smoothly and now I'm feeling like I can take the next step and try a whole receiver.

My CR-220 is my lowest end receiver - is this a relatively easy recap as far as receivers go? My other choice is a HK 730, but I am assuming the Yamaha may be more straightforward, but wanted to get thoughts. Once I have access to the caps, I think I'm fine - what's easier to me would be a receiver where I have to do minimal disassembly to get at the boards.

My Sansui's all seem quite a bit more complicated (8D, 7070, QR-6500), so I'd only consider those once I'm successful with an easier one under my belt.

Thoughts?

Thanks 4seat. Would you just do the electrolytics, or do the transistors as well?

Is there a source where the list of cap values can be downloaded? I looked at the digital copy of the owner's manual and the schematic is pretty hard to read.

Thanks!

Its sitting in front of you.:scratch2:

True, I was just hoping to pre-order all the parts before I started disassembling. Not sure I can see all the values without removing boards and taking it out of commission for awhile.

Use the AK google search.. Personally,I like to eye ball everything before ordering parts.

Back
Top Bottom