Relay replacement on CA-1000

rjsilva

Can anyone recommend a replacement relay for a CA-1000? Also, is there a corresponding transistor? It seems to work ok but does take a few seconds for the relay to switch. With my Kenwood 7100 I replaced the relay and driver transistor and it was much faster. I will be ordering some stuff from Mouser and thought I might as well tack that on.

Relay replacement on CA-1000 and CA1000II

hello

What do you mean by "It seems to work ok but..."
Is the turn on delay correct ?
If it is too long this is probably because the capacitors are going older day after day and the best is to replace them by new type ! transistor don't need to be replaced if it is good .
If I was you , I will replace C711,713,714 and 715 .
Relay is available on MOUSER :thmbsp:

Thanks clinic. I don't know if the turn on delay is correct - what is correct? :) I was simply basing it on my Kenwood KA-7100, where a specific driver transistor and the relay are recommended to be replaced (on my 7100 it decreased the relay switching time from about 4 seconds to 2).

I replaced the caps on the CA-1000 few years ago, and then again recently in the power supply section when I was troubleshooting something.

What are the specs I'm looking for on the relay?

Can anyone recommend a replacement relay for a CA-1000? Also, is there a corresponding transistor? It seems to work ok but does take a few seconds for the relay to switch. With my Kenwood 7100 I replaced the relay and driver transistor and it was much faster. I will be ordering some stuff from Mouser and thought I might as well tack that on.

If you have replaced the caps on the power board recently. Then check your DC offset per the service manual before the relay clicks. It may just be taking a short time for the DC offset to settle. My CA-1010 takes about 4-8 sec. for the offset to settle and "set" the protect relay.

Back
Top Bottom