A-1020 and T-1020 coming, should I be anxious?

tygr

Audiophoole
So I broke down and bought these from FeeBay. I thought I'd try that Yamaha "natural sound". Are these good representatives of the Yamaha lore?

I plan on running these through a pair of L100s and or Advent Maestros. I really can't wait to hear them together.

Is the A-1020 a good amp? Is the T-1020 a good tuner?

Thanks in advance for all comments.

Be excited! The a1020 is a very detailed amp. On L100s you may find it a bit harsh, but you'll hear every note! Use the pots on the speakers to take the edge off and I think you'll be happy.

sent from the galaxy 2 with tapatalk

Be excited! The a1020 is a very detailed amp. On L100s you may find it a bit harsh, but you'll hear every note! Use the pots on the speakers to take the edge off and I think you'll be happy.

sent from the galaxy 2 with tapatalk
I can't speak to the 1020 but I have a A-720, the little brother. It's a very nice amp, love the Class A sound. I think the A-1020 has a few more bells and whistles and a few more watts, it should make you happy.

This combo arrived today. Everything looks and works as it should. Been listening all afternoon and evening. So far I love the sound.

Even with the L100s it doesn't sound harsh to me (maybe my old, tired ears). I really like the variable loudness control.

It seems a wee bit stronger on one side than the other. What is that an indication of?

This combo arrived today. Everything looks and works as it should. Been listening all afternoon and evening. So far I love the sound.

Even with the L100s it doesn't sound harsh to me (maybe my old, tired ears). I really like the variable loudness control.

It seems a wee bit stronger on one side than the other. What is that an indication of?

The L100ts, the Variable Loudness, the combo or your ears?:)

Back
Top Bottom