DSP E1000 set up nice!

Capt Odyssea

In Yamalibrium
Listening to Jazz, Brubeck etc via the Mx1000 mains and the DSP supporting,
the music soundfields are very nice. Using Polk CS1s for the 4 surrounds,
not final set up yet, but very nice at lower listening levels, and totally believable as far as venue acoustics is concerned.
I have the DSP fed from the REC out on the EQ500u, and what should have been the "Master Vol." is surrounds only, keeping the stereo mains unaltered.
Set and forget, and run the RX as the Master.
I had played with a friends unit DSP1 I Think, TOL unit from 20 years ago (?)
but didn't have amplifiers (or speakers) enough to really check it out.
I do now!

Very nice at times. Also the ProLogic worked great on "Pirates of the Caribbean" via Dish net. last night.
Set with Phantom center. and the 70mm Film setting.

Been wanting to try this again but properly.

Yamaha DSP are quite under rated for music. They went to a lot of trouble to do things right. The secret is to keep the effect levels low. Like stock TV setting, the standard DSP settings are overblown to jump out at you in a quick store demo. Turned down they are subtle and natural. The Jazz clubs have always been my favorites. I took a DSP-E1000 home to play with it when they first came out so reading about it brings back memories.

With my modern HT set up I use Cinema DSP setting almost 100% of the time. The sound is much larger and less tied to the speakers.

Enjoy!

I agree with keeping the effect channels subdued, insofar as you really can't detect where "extra" sound is coming from.
I'm using the front and rear effects via the internal amp, keeping my mains clean,
don't have a canter channel yet, and may not as I am not huge into movies, or TV really.
I had the DSP E200 but it is very limited in sound fields, I'll let #1 Son fiddle with it.

Back
Top Bottom