CR-2020 level meter

phildoc

Just finished doing the SBs on my CR-2020 fired it up sounds great, but the left level meter sticks. If I tap on the meter it will move to a new level and then stick again. I suspect that the meter is bad, but my knowledge is limited and didn't find too much info. Any help or ideas on what to try or check would be appreciated.

Just finished doing the SBs on my CR-2020 fired it up sounds great, but the left level meter sticks. If I tap on the meter it will move to a new level and then stick again. I suspect that the meter is bad, but my knowledge is limited and didn't find too much info. Any help or ideas on what to try or check would be appreciated.

Try excersizing the SP OUT/SIGNAL Q meter button. The meters pointer may be bent and rubbing against the plastic .

Last edited:
That's it. Thank you Avionic!! I looked closely at the meter and there appears to be some paint or part of the wiper that has curled of the back and is rubbing. Can it be taken apart? At least I know what the problem is.

Lol, haven't heard that one in a while. Don't have anything to lose by trying. Thanks guys

Lol, haven't heard that one in a while. Don't have anything to lose by trying. Thanks guys

Once you get it apart .Get a small bottle of Testors model paint and give the pointer a fresh coat.

Hello

Easy to do if you are carefull !
See my CT7000 tuning meter picture !

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom