Lookie...my A-S2000 found a CT-1010 stable mate!

iamjaymo

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Huge thanks to 4seatPilot for this wonderful mint CT-1010...an all around great guy to deal with - great LED install and he uses the nicest shipping service.

I think the 'ol 1010 looks pretty good with the modern Yamaha. It's a tad wider but the look and feel couldn't be closer. It sounds pretty good as well, great reception on the classical/jazz station and it has very clear and crisp sonics. Probably not as lush sounding as my Sui TU-717 but, well, that don't go well with the 2000.

Last edited:
4seat is truly one of Ak's finest, never met a guy who was so willing to help out his fellow audio enthusiasts.

:beer: for Steve.

They look excellent together..Wonder if that CT-1010 was originally picked up by Steve with a CA-2010?? Ha....

Nice -- How are you finding the A-S2000 after you've had it for a while? -- I have just picked up a A-S1000 that I'm interested to review with my CA-1010 & 2010...

They look excellent together..Wonder if that CT-1010 was originally picked up by Steve with a CA-2010?? Ha....

Nice -- How are you finding the A-S2000 after you've had it for a while? -- I have just picked up a A-S1000 that I'm interested to review with my CA-1010 & 2010...

I think now it has settled in pretty much after the 80 to 90 hour mark. It continues to be the best overall amp I have listened to. I have heard others that may do one or two things better but overall, top to bottom, all around, it does everything fantastically. I know it's good because I have not once thought about the prospect of life without it. :music:

Last edited:
They make a nice looking pair, is there any other company making products so widely separated in age but still matching up aesthetically? (and in performance as well).

It's great to hear that the A-S2000 is a good amp.

Huge thanks to 4seatPilot for this wonderful mint CT-1010...an all around great guy to deal with - great LED install and he uses the nicest shipping service.

You are more than welcome! :thmbsp: "One of a kind" shipping service indeed - best looking driver out there!
"Clear and Crisp" I think pretty much defines the CA/CT/CR series... or pretty much the whole signature Yamaha "Natural Sound." I love it - all the detail is there.

4seat is truly one of Ak's finest, never met a guy who was so willing to help out his fellow audio enthusiasts.

:beer: for Steve.

aw, thanks. :beerchug:

Well, yes and no. I did get it with a 2010, but not the one that you have! Here's the story for those who missed it...
Some time ago, The Fez had a WTB CA-2010 thread, and I picked up a 2010-1010 combo (in amazing condition) in Toronto for him. (the start of a veritable parade of wood and aluminum to the land down under) He wanted only the amp, so I kept the tuner. Not terribly long after, I stumbled upon another pair locally, in almost the same condition. Condition of the tuners were about the same 9.5 or better, though my amp is not quite the 9.9/10 condition of the first one. I have yet to see a CA/CR/CT (or anything else for that matter) as nice as Fez's 2010. The first 1010 was (is) hooked up to my system, the other one was not - so since it was the easier one to get out - that's the one that went to jay! I'm glad it found a nice home.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom