CA-1010 PSU caps?

Zombie

It'sseems difficult to find 18mF or 22mF with 50 mm diameter. Any suggestions for what I could use?

Last edited:
Nichicon Gold Tune 22000uf are a direct fit. I posted a resto thread of a 1010 last year in which I installed these caps. :)

The Gold Tune 22mF have a changed the diameter, it's now 45 mm. Parts ConneXion measured them for me :)
Spec sheet at Nichicon homepage shows 50 mm...confusing.

Last edited:
The Gold Tune 22mF have a changed the diameter, it's now 45 mm. Parts ConneXion measured them for me :)
Spec sheet at Nichicon homepage shows 50 mm...confusing.

Partsconnexion's website also shows 50mm. They should update it if this indeed the case! I'd be mighty pissed if I bought some on the basis that they were still 50mm diameter.

It sounds very weird to me... I can't imagine why Nichicon would suddenly switch to 45mm. It's a very odd size.

Yes, I agree, maybe the measurement was made in inches and then converted incorrectly...prob is the KG is difficult to source in Europe.

Percy---$37 ea $8 shipping
PCX-----$29 ea ??? shipping

Yep, I'm fully aware of the pricing difference. However, if partsconnexion reckon they aren't available in 50mm diameter any more, I'd pay the extra for the correct cap from Percy if he stocks them. The end result with the 50mm cap is much nicer. :yes:

Yep, I'm fully aware of the pricing difference. However, if partsconnexion reckon they aren't available in 50mm diameter any more, I'd pay the extra for the correct cap from Percy if he stocks them. The end result with the 50mm cap is much nicer. :yes:

I just sent Parts Connex tech assist and inquiry about these cap diameters.

I just can't believe that one source has them in 50mm and another at 45mm.
Plus I like connex prices better...

Yeah, something is not right.

Partsconnexion are my go-to source for Nichicon KGs (and many other caps) so I really hope that the 50mm version is still available. It's such a nice fit for the 1010 and other amps/receivers.

Reply from Connex
Hello Dave
The cap measure as per the below: Please advise how you would like to proceed:
50.4mm diameter
100.45mm height

NICHICON-73641
QTY
ADD
22000uF / 63V, KG Series, Gold Tune, 50mmD x 100mmH, Solder Lug, Each

$29.95 $29.95 pcX USD Price

Thank you

Tania

Sincerely,

Tania Zozula - Office Manager

Parts ConneXion

5109 Harvester Road

Unit B2

Burlington, Ontario

Last edited:
Yeah, something is not right.

Partsconnexion are my go-to source for Nichicon KGs (and many other caps) so I really hope that the 50mm version is still available. It's such a nice fit for the 1010 and other amps/receivers.

I just ordered a pair for my CA-1010.Thanks for the heads up!:thmbsp:

Back
Top Bottom