w1jim

I can fix it but good...
Subscriber
New England Summer SweatFest Saturday June 7th in Clinton MA

Once again, our customary location at Franks shop

55 Sterling Street
Clinton Ma 01510

Just over the railroad tracks.

We as usual, need to be careful about parking - we don't want to use the lot across the street but we can park in front (as usual) and there is a lot around back on Parker Street (see map).

We'll start around 11AM and go until around 5-6 PM.

These events are going quite well with people taking more responsibility for bringing food and cleaning up afterwards. Let's keep that up!

The swap / sell / freebie tables will be a given as usual and people can bring their favorite toys and systems to set up.

Not sure at this time what space will be available to us - I'll try to give Frank a call or he can post here.

Just take your unsold treasure home with you, don't load up Frank's dumpster.

Please spread the word to anyone and everyone in the New England area to attend - AK involvement isn't a requirement, although typically a given.

All that is required is an obsessive interest in all things audio - that's our common bond.

For the AudioKarma subscribers, here's the link to the sell/swap/free thread on Barter Town;
http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?p=7794698#post7794698

attachment.php

Last edited:
Can anyone help me and recap my Pioneer SA1000? I could bring it to Clinton this day and get it back at the fall meeting in Clinton. How much would you charge? Thanks.

I'll try to find the place.

Hmmm, I just noticed I've been an AudioKarmite for 5 years. Fun times :)

Can anyone help me and recap my Pioneer SA1000? I could bring it to Clinton this day and get it back at the fall meeting in Clinton. How much would you charge? Thanks.
DG-
Happy to recap your SA-1000 - bring it to the GTG.
We can talk then or off line about cost and what parts are in need of replacement.
Also, I'll be up at Sunday River in Bethel Maine the 3rd weekend of July so I might be able to get it back to you then.
JimB

I just realized that's my daughter's birthday party. Doubtful I will make it unless for an hour or so in the early part of the day.

That's too bad. I was really hoping to bring my Open Baffle experiment!

DG-
Happy to recap your SA-1000 - bring it to the GTG.
We can talk then or off line about cost and what parts are in need of replacement.
Also, I'll be up at Sunday River in Bethel Maine the 3rd weekend of July so I might be able to get it back to you then.
JimB

JimB, awesome! I'll PM you.

I am considering bringing the dcgillespie modded ratrig Fisher X-101-C and recreating last year's near-field monitoring listening experience.
Since this will now do an undistorted 35 watts/channel, if others brought theirs, we could try other speakers.

What's the quietest space . . . is that the pink room? The office off to the right of Frank's workshop?
What are your suggestions?

Last edited:
I will be there! My first time!!

Just curious, do people generally bring much gear for resale or is this more of a gathering to just hang out and talk with fellow geeks?

Last edited:

Just curious, do people generally bring much gear for resale or is this more of a gathering to just hang out and talk with fellow geeks?

My opinion

1) pre sell as much as possible.

2) it's more about the socializing. But deals do happen. Try not to spend half the time unpacking and repacking the car.

Always lots of gear for sale......:yes::drool:

Can't say how much actually gets sold.....:tears::nono::no:
Media sells well, on the cheap. Less than $4 per album. Hardware is usually pre sold on BT. Lots of show and tell stuff, which makes it worthwhile.
Some standouts from the past: B&W speakers, Mcintosh gear, Altec, Concept, JBL, Bryston, a/d/s/, B&O. Great stuff to listen too. Never know when you will get a chance again to hear some cool things.:yes:
Did we mention the food yet?

I might muster up the gumption to trek on down from the frozen white north that is Northern NH.

(please... hold your applause)

You know... we barter up here, so any purchases I might make would be reimbursed in beaver pelts, deerskins, turkey feathers or colorful shells. Hope that's OK.

Live Free or Die!

;-)

You know... we barter up here, so any purchases I might make would be reimbursed in beaver pelts, deerskins, turkey feathers or colorful shells. Hope that's OK.

;-)

In Maine they call it "Dickerin"

Let's hope you are more successful in your endeavors than the guys from the TV show. One of the episodes two of the guys spent a week rebuilding some bridge in order to get access to a blueberry patch for a season. I think they worked their asses off to net about $25 in the end.

Back
Top Bottom