Yamaha CA600 blowing fuses

wlgrant6

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Just picked up a very nice, cosmetically, CA600. But, alas, when I hooked it up,nothing out of the right ch. Pulled out of the case, and found both fuses in the main amp blown on the right ch. Replaced, and blows both fuses immediately. Does this sound like a common problem in these amps? I have been mainly a "Pioneer Guy", and have no Yamaha experience. This is a small
amp, only about 30 wpc, but is feature packed for such a small amp, and would love to get it going. Any suggestions?

Just picked up a very nice, cosmetically, CA600. But, alas, when I hooked it up,nothing out of the right ch. Pulled out of the case, and found both fuses in the main amp blown on the right ch. Replaced, and blows both fuses immediately. Does this sound like a common problem in these amps? I have been mainly a "Pioneer Guy", and have no Yamaha experience. This is a small
amp, only about 30 wpc, but is feature packed for such a small amp, and would love to get it going. Any suggestions?

Most likely you have a couple shorted outputs or output driver transistors. Blowing out the fuses on that amplifier channel .

Back
Top Bottom