Anybody owns/owned the Yamaha A2000a amplifier?

Oilmaster

Sonycus Peritum
Subscriber
Does anybody here own(ed) the Yamaha A2000a amplifier? I might be able to purchase one, and I was wondering what other (previous) owners think of it, whether it is any special/good.

Or even better: what are the power output devices it in? BJT or FET?

thanks for any info/feedback
ozzy

does anybody here own(ed) the yamaha a2000a amplifier? I might be able to purchase one, and i was wondering what other (previous) owners think of it, whether it is any special/good.

Or even better: What are the power output devices it in? Bjt or fet?

Thanks for any info/feedback
ozzy

to-3pl bjt ----Japanese 100volt input power

Last edited:
Service data is proving hard to locate.If you find a legible schematic let me know .I have a broken A-2000 here.

Hi avionic,

I was hoping you would tune in; I noticed your Yamaha love in your signature long time ago. I'm moving to Japan this weekend for some years to come and spotted this amp on the 'local market' there; and there is another one on sale with some buttons missing (perhaps working). I'll ask our secretary there if she can translate what's going with that one. Seems like a power house amp. And perhaps I might retrieve service data/manual in due time.

PS: 26kg according one web page !!!???

I need a service manual of Yamaha A-2000/A-2000a

If anybody has the service manual of this?

I own an A-2000a

I ran my CDX-2000 through my A-2000a to a pair of NS-200M's. It sounded so good. A visitor to my apartment told me it sounded like Keb' Mo' was in the room when I played - Am I Wrong - from Six String Theory.

05:58
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNURfyfx72k

I removed the pre and power amp transformers in order to post it out of Vietnam to Australia where it is still in storage.

I would have another tomorrow, bomb-proof build and sounded fantastic.

Sweet. That's better than nothing. Any idea how long that's been posted on HFE ?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom