BOTH B1s & UC1 are home and sound sweet

mclsound

It has been awhile now but with alot of parts replaced ..they are home and sounding sweet n powerful. .
I put green in my uc1 for a change and it looks great....
Thee C1 is in now for a overhaul.

B1 and UC1 back home

Hello

I hope that you did change the 2 big electrolytic capacitors because if you don't you are taking a great risk to kill your precious V-FET ....

Send a message to vint Age , he make a very nice PCB to do the up-grade and this way use your B1 for a long long time trouble free !

Glad to hear you finally got it John... enjoy!

hoping to finally get mine this spring... and REALLY hoping it's working when I get it!

hoping to finally get mine this spring... and REALLY hoping it's working when I get it!

Unbelievable that you haven't received yours yet especially since it was working when it went in for service and it was only going in for a recap!!! What's up with that anyway? :thumbsdn:

Got these in an sms message from John... (mclsound)....

enjoy!

9anegeta.jpg

mubu4yve.jpg

nerahasa.jpg

3u5ege5a.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hello

I hope that you did change the 2 big electrolytic capacitors because if you don't you are taking a great risk to kill your precious V-FET ....

Send a message to vint Age , he make a very nice PCB to do the up-grade and this way use your B1 for a long long time trouble free !
Excellent advice. Not replacing the PS filter caps leaves the B-1 very vulnerable to failure and dead VFET's.

Thank you Mark B !

I probably repaired 10 B1 in these last 30 years and ALL had minimum one big capacitor shorted !

I repeat everytime that B1 owner's should replace these both capacitors because 2SK77 are no more available as new today so it will be silly to take the risk to use every day their baby who can die tomorow ...because they did not follow this advise.

:thmbsp:

I'm not sure if he had those done or not. I know I'll do mine for sure, I can do Johns too if he wants. Well need another couple PCB from Vint!

Hi guys..
Under advise ..I checked with my tech and he load measured them bad boys and they were perfect....
Having said that. .I am in the midst of getting new ones just in case....
Also...my C1 is getting some fresh caps & STUFF!!!!.....LOL...plus matching.................
Wait for it. .............
WAIT.........

GREEN LIGHTS

These vfets do sound good

Hello !

I checked with my tech and he load measured them bad boys and they were perfect....

Today , yes ! but in 2 months ?
Be carefull and change them !

you will be sure to have your B1 troubles free for years ! think about that . I don't make any profit in this advise ...

Let me know if you want to order caps with me John... Combine shipping etc.

I know my logic is kinda fuzzy ... but why am I thinking that there might be some dead vfets involved in this ...

Unbelievable that you haven't received yours yet especially since it was working when it went in for service and it was only going in for a recap!!! What's up with that anyway? :thumbsdn:

Well my mint C1 will be back real soon..
My tech loves the build quality of this baby..
Over 60 caps replaced and matching green bulbs...
I also explained to him the big B1 caps and this is not a issue if I want them replaced either now or for a new owner some day

Both B1 & UC1 are home and sound sweet

Hello mclsound

this is not a issue if I want them replaced either now or for a new owner some day

Don't forget that replacing the both B1 big capacitors is not so easy because this is double cap and we have in the same can +100V and -100V (!) .
These capacitors was produced by Mitsubishi and are no more available today even if you look for another manufacturer .
Again the best way to act is to replace them by a kit like the one produced by VINT AGE .
I have tried that and it works perfectly . The "upgraded" B1 owner's can be sure about years of troubles free .
See my picture of another capacitor I have deleted from another B1 I am working on !
Sometime pictures are better than words :thmbsp:

Attachments

• DSC00584-R.jpg
    DSC00584-R.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Well my mint C1 will be back real soon..
My tech loves the build quality of this baby..
Over 60 caps replaced and matching green bulbs...
I also explained to him the big B1 caps and this is not a issue if I want them replaced either now or for a new owner some day

Very nice. Congrats and enjoy! :tresbon:

Back
Top Bottom