PC5002M - The Beast - The Story begins

SansuiSteve

So it begins.

My good friend Chris has decided to let me finish the debug on this beauty. I should have it in my shack in a couple of days. I will keep you all up to date.

uploadfromtaptalk1437016295345.jpguploadfromtaptalk1437016322012.jpguploadfromtaptalk1437016342603.jpg

Welcome to the club! I've got one, too. Comes out of protection too quick on one channel, otherwise works great.

Best SS amp I've ever heard.

:lurk: will follow with great interest, good luck. Doing all the repairs yourself?
Been working on Sansui gear for a long time. I have always wanted a monster amp and the BA5000s are outrageously expensive and less powerful. I will do the work myself but need to reinforce my bench before I get going. 135 lbs! [emoji33]

Please feel free to PM with any questions about what I know or what I did.

On just a day's notice, I didn't have a chance to get that one bank of transistors on the rear cleaned up and regreased, and I didn't intend to leave the buyer with that duty, but when a good enough uShip deal comes up you've got to carpe diem! I put new micas on and included a few more spares (personally, I like to split them and use a micrometer to get the thinnest reasonable thickness), but at least half the interfaces will need to be cleaned first as well. Don't fire up the left channel until that is all done! The other bank of transistors on the left channel were already cleaned up and have new micas with grease.

No worries Chris, thanks for everything! I will get her cleaned up and singing.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Hey Steve, please send me your address. I decided to mail you the manuals and miscellanea.

Back
Top Bottom