Yamaha NS-4

ryanward84

I picked up a pair of Yamaha NS-4 speakers today. They are about 20" tall and are apparently an older cousin of the NS 10 studio monitor.

Not a lot of info online but I got them for basically nothing. I'm excited as I have two Yamaha amps and I would like to get a feel for the Yamaha NS sound. I love the look of the other NS models like 1000M, etc... but I've never heard them.

Well, the speakers are in good shape, one dust cap is dented. They are vinyl clad but sound pretty good for their size. the only thing is that the right speaker is a little bit quieter than the left. I checked my amp, pre, and cart and I tried other speakers on the same channel so it must be the speaker. The woofer sounds a bit muffled and a bit quieter. Any ideas what could be up? They sound good and for the price I'm not too bummed.

Thanks!

Thoughts on the speakers from you Yamaha fans?

attachment.php

I picked up a pair of Yamaha NS-4 speakers today. They are about 20" tall and are apparently an older cousin of the NS 10 studio monitor.

Not a lot of info online but I got them for basically nothing. I'm excited as I have two Yamaha amps and I would like to get a feel for the Yamaha NS sound. I love the look of the other NS models like 1000M, etc... but I've never heard them.

Well, the speakers are in good shape, one dust cap is dented. They are vinyl clad but sound pretty good for their size. the only thing is that the right speaker is a little bit quieter than the left. I checked my amp, pre, and cart and I tried other speakers on the same channel so it must be the speaker. The woofer sounds a bit muffled and a bit quieter. Any ideas what could be up? They sound good and for the price I'm not too bummed.

Thanks!

99% of Yamaha speakers are NS-xxxxx. As for your 4's I,ve not had the opportunity to audition that model. There yamaha so they should sound pretty good.If you can have a look at the crossover components - might be damaged or maybe a poor connection on the woofer.

Your ns-4's are most likely the next step up from the ns-2's which were part of Yamaha's introductory hi-fi system consisting of the cr-450, yp-450, hp-2 headphones and ns-2 speakers. At the time the list price for that system was $700.

Back
Top Bottom