My Wife's Fisher Console

nomar247

My wife went out yesterday to see a few estate sales, and came home with this. She isnt really into stereos like I am, but she fell in love with the wooden console. Its gorgeous and in great condition. Here it is.

Anyone own this same model and can shed some light on it?

Last edited:
I've got a '67 Regent with the same Tuner/pre and a Dual 1014, it's a wonderful sounding machine.

BE CAREFUL! Consoles are like old cars and potato chips; you can't have just one!

Welcome to the Fisher Family!

When I was a kid, the neighbor's living behind us (friend), had that same fisher console. Except they had a Dual 1019 turntable, and the receiver was different too, it had a silver facing on it. I remember that it had amazing sound!:music: I used to bring my Partridge Family albums over there.:D If I had the room, I'd love to have one! That brings back such memories.

That Fisher statesman was big bucks when new, around $1500 in the late '60's! That's $9764.88 in today's money!

Just thought of something also. My friends Statesman had a very small blue light on the front center of the cabinet on the bottom trim. I remember seeing that light when I was lying on the carpeted floor, while we were listening. In a darkened room you could see it really good. That was a nice feature, telling you the stereo is powered on, if you had the lid closed. Maybe yours has that too.

This person is a "flipper" and I think I know who it is. He or she lives near me (pretty certain he's a "he" :) )

IF I am correct in my suspicions, and that's a BIG IF, it is someone the bosses have already banned here once for the same junk.

He's been trying to sell this console for months, using "craigslist" like an auction site. :bs:

Here ya go:
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ele/3895048321.html

Phyllis

P. S. : Heck of a coincidence there's another console in the photo :scratch2:

Last edited:
1967 Statesman. 2nd down from top of the line. More info here...... http://www.fisherconsoles.com/statesman s692.html

Hi Sweet Larry! :banana:
Are you not speaking to me? :sigh:

I sent him that same link days ago when I first saw the ad on our local "craigslist"

Don't let this person abuse you guys, he's got ALL the original paperwork, including the darn warranty card! :mad:

Sorry if I'm being a brat, just don't like posers! :no:

Phyllis

Hi Guys! :banana:
He updated his auction after Larry spoon fed him the model :mad: :bs:
Too lazy to even use the consoles link Larry took the time to give him
Wife sure fell out of love with it quick! :scratch2:
Photos won't transfer (or I don't know how, which is very possible! :)
I'll hush now, promise! :arrow:
Phyllis

Here's the ad copy with the update right after his spiel here:

CL SF bay area east bay all for sale / wanted electronics - by owner
Reply hz6rq-3895048321@sale.craigslist.org [?] flag [?] : miscategorized prohibited spam best of Posted: 2013-06-25, 4:27PM PDT
Vintage Fisher Stereo Console - MAKE an OFFER - $1 (pittsburg / antioch)
image 1 image 2 image 3 image 4 image 5
For Sale:

Vintage 1968
FISHER STATESMAN CONSOLE
Excellent cosmetic condition
Excellent working condition
All original parts: receiver, speakers, and record player

$$ Make an offer
Email if interested
TEXT if serious 510.421.1982
Will remove ad when sold

fisher klipsch mcintosh marantz pioneer denon eico dynaco tube solid state altec vott
it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
Posting ID: 3895048321 Posted: 2013-06-25, 4:27PM PDT Updated: 2013-06-25, 8:34PM PDT email to a friend
Avoid scams, deal locally! Do NOT wire funds (Western Union, Moneygram).
Beware cashier checks, money orders, shipping, non-local buyers/sellers. More info

FORMAT: mobile regular
© 2013 craigslist help terms privacy safety feedback about cl jobs

Phyllis; Been extremely busy with car repairs, (My S-10 blew an oil line the same day the rear end on the '95 Jimmy finally gave out.)and grass cutting. Fixed the oil line, located a rear end, pulled mine (what a pain in the tush!!!). Waiting on the bank (read wife) to cut loose funds to put another rear end in the car. She's using it, so it's a "fix it now" thing, where mine is running with 2 bad motor mounts, and a non functioning fan clutch. (we the willing, led by the incapable, perform the impossible with absolutely nothing!). I gained 6 yards this year (up to 10 now) that I cut in addition to mine. So 3-4 days of the week I'm cutting and so damned tired, I take a shower and plop into bed!

Tomorrow I get to go to junkyard, and pull the rear from a blazer with hand tools (no air tools or electricity). Get the new one home, degrease it, paint, install and test out. Should be done sometime Saturday Afternoon. Then I'm gonna sleep for 2 days!

No real time for anything else right now.

Larry

I love the "caged curtains" speakers - fun unit! Clean-up will take some time, but it'll be fun to restore it back to it's glory days. I've been tempted with a few consoles, but I think my wife would kill me if I escalated to the next "super-size" version of my addiction. Just restored 4 Duals this week, but none as old as this one. Have fun with it!

Back
Top Bottom