800-C with S.S. Knobs

larryderouin

I'm VERTICAL and Breathing...most of the time.
Subscriber
800-C with S.S. Knobs.... NEW LOOK?

Having only 1 set of 800-C knobs and 2 800-C's(1 in a Model 950 Executive) and running both of them, I got tired of swapping knobs around. I've got a 550-T sitting in the stack doing nothing......HMMMMMMM...wonder if they will fit...........so I took the single and dual knobs off it and put them on the 800-C.

Don't look too bad and it gives it a I think, a cleaner look. Not for everyone, but as a fill in it works just fine. The BASS and TREBLE knobs ARE Two piece knobs.

Larry

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 100_4199.jpg
    100_4199.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 122
  • 100_4200.jpg
    100_4200.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 121
  • 100_4198.jpg
    100_4198.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 463
Last edited:
As I've got more SS Fishers than tubed, and not using the SS units, I'm gonna keep these on the 800-C. The more I look at it the more I like it. Modernizes the look, I think, but not too much. There is a larger knob on the 550-T that is for the speaker switch. I'm thinking about keeping it on the 800-C (Upper Left) to balance out the look, but it kinda hides the writing underneath.

What are your thoughts about it????
Compare these with photo's in 1st post. Knob in question is UPPER LEFT (SPKR).

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 100_4203.jpg
    100_4203.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 96
  • 100_4204.jpg
    100_4204.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 96
  • 100_4206.jpg
    100_4206.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 103
Hi! :banana:
Looks nice, looks balanced! :yes:
Are those ALL S.S. knobs?
I don't think anyone (Fisher layperson) would know if you didn't tell them!
The aesthetic looks fine to my eyes! :smilemad:

Phyllis

Looks very good Larry -- and a better use of the knobs, too! :) I'd use the smaller speaker knob though, because traditionally, the tuning knob is always the biggest knob, and as shown, the speaker knob becomes the biggest knob, leaving you to ask yourself -- why? It looks good either way though!

Dave

knobs, too! :)I'd use the smaller speaker knob though, because traditionally, the tuning knob is always the biggest knob
Dave

Hi Dave! :banana:
Not with Fisher! :)
Took me a little while to get used to the small tuning knob after I got Daddy's 500-C.
Larry's just gone 180 degrees but kept the same balance, just reversed it!
It would look too Sanyo and everyday with a big (bigger than all the others) tuning knob! :no:
Now, it still looks "Fisher"!
:)
Phyllis

Looks very good Larry -- and a better use of the knobs, too! :) I'd use the smaller speaker knob though, because traditionally, the tuning knob is always the biggest knob, and as shown, the speaker knob becomes the biggest knob, leaving you to ask yourself -- why? It looks good either way though!

Dave

Ooops!
I DO see now what you are saying, the one on the left is slightly larger! :no:
They are not exactly the same. Sorry!
Never mind. :)
Phyllis

Last edited:
In the 1st post the speaker knob is the same as the smaller knobs in the Main row. In the 2nd post the speaker knob is the same size as the tuning knob. This is directly off the 550-T positions.

The only difference between the 2 larger knobs is the painted line on the bright, and a raised pointer on the speaker knob.

When FISHER went SS, they increased the size of the Tuner knob, and on models that had the speaker or other function on the "upper deck" with the tuner they kept the larger size. "Lower deck" knobs were all the smaller knobs.

On SS and some Hybrid Consoles (Futura and up) both the Volume and the Tuner were larger. Here's a Pic of the 550-T
100_2273.jpg

Dave

I'm with Dave on this. Smaller knob for speaker selector. Other than that, it looks quite good!

-D

In the 1st post the speaker knob is the same as the smaller knobs in the Main row. In the 2nd post the speaker knob is the same size as the tuning knob. This is directly off the 550-T positions.

The only difference between the 2 larger knobs is the painted line on the bright, and a raised pointer on the speaker knob.

When FISHER went SS, they increased the size of the Tuner knob, and on models that had the speaker or other function on the "upper deck" with the tuner they kept the larger size. "Lower deck" knobs were all the smaller knobs.

On SS and some Hybrid Consoles (Futura and up) both the Volume and the Tuner were larger. Here's a Pic of the 550-T
100_2273.jpg

So it was the angle then!
I stand by my FIRST impression!
You had it RIGHT to begin with :yes:
Phyllis:)

Back
Top Bottom