Help with upgrades from intro system

Adelbatross

Hi everyone, started out with a pretty basic intro system but now looking to upgrade. Keeping the Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 speakers I have, and here's what I'm thinking about getting after doing some research:

Rega RP-3 w/ Ortofon 2M Blue
NAD PP2e phono preamp
NAD C326BEE

My issue is that the system listed above is well above my original price range (it was $1000-$1500 but that system here in Australia is $2000), and finding used gear at decent prices is not easy where I live.

I the RP-3 worth the price difference ($600 where I live) over say the RP-1 with Performance Pack? Is the NAD C326BEE that much better than the C316BEE ($150 more)?

Any suggestions are welcome.

Last edited:
Right now I just have the Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 speakers.

I'd prefer to stay in the $1000-$1500, but $2000 is my max. The RP-3 + NAD C326 + Rega Fono mini would get me to my maximum spend, just wondering if they're worth it over say, the RP-1 with a good cart (2M Blue or maybe Bronze), or C316.

Nudge to the Rega Brio-R thread. That will clear you to the RP-1 as for the budget you have, but if you go that way, you will want to upgrade your speakers first. Brio has a more than decent MM stage built-in, and RP-1 is factory fitted with Carbon cartridge (i think it's rebadged Audiotechnica long-lasting budget winner AT95).
Brio could serve you as much long as RP3, because both of them could handle more expensive gear wihout being ashamed. But maybe you will be liitle more satisfied with better amp and slightly less capable source, than with the good table that could not reveal it's qualities at most....

Back
Top Bottom