CD Player Yamaha CD-C600 or Onkyo DX-C390

Bushbug

My old & trusty Technics CD Player died. Very close to buying a multiple CD player either Yamaha CD-C600 or Onkyo DX-C390. Which One ?

A little concerned that new developments in equipment & processes may already make me obsolete ??

Your Input would be appreciated:sigh:

Current Yamaha CDC-C300 vs Onkyo changer

If you want a new CD changer, I believe the C600 (new) is the best available. I have had one for about a year and it has performed flawlessly. I also have 2 of the older precursor Onkyo DX-380 (Goodwill - cheap). No problems with them yet but they are used less on other systems. One is used parallel to a new Onkyo C-7030 single and I haven't noticed a SQ difference yet between the two. If you don't have the prejudice against changers, I think the Yamaha is the best option as the current Onkyo 390 has supposedly had more quality problems than the Yamaha.
Goodwills however have CD changers all the time, including many Yamahas, Onkyo's, older Sonys, (even Technics or Toshiba DVD changers), so if you have patience, you could pick up a couple with some as back ups for their eventual laser breakdown.

I have the DX-C390 and am quite happy with it. It's a bit slow to load and cue discs, but i've had it for over five years and it's never given me any problems. Good build quality for this day and age, and I'm hearing detail and nuance in my music that I simply had no idea were there when listening to the same pieces on my now-dead Sony CDP.

Back
Top Bottom