Mid-Priced CD Player Options

How does the Marantz sound compared to the previous CDT+DAC setup, Mike?

I'm not sure, I've changed so much at the same time. :scratch2: I'd guess a little more lively if I had to choose a word but not by much. Everything I've listened to so far, from Ray Brown to Fleetwood Mac has been great.
Overall, I'm guessing the Naim would be the biggest culprit in the improvements.

Last edited:
Congrats on the new CDP, Mike!

Have you seen my thread on my new iFI DSD DAC & iUSB PS? Incredble! I know you have music downloaded. This thing would let you do DSD 64 on the fly while surpassing the sound and quality of a CDP. If you have the time, look into the iFI DSD DAC and iUSB PS....my MF X-RAY CDP is going in the wife's office...and you know how much I loved that thing

Thanks Byron, I'll check out your thread. I've been looking at iFi gear for a while. Seems a great value. I never thought you'd change from that X-RAY:D

hey hang on i thought you bought a Brio-R only a few days ago? :D

Traded it back in to my dealer. Couldn't live with the bass .....too little control compared to the MF. Outstanding amp for the money but I think I was just tired of changing gear so much. I went back and auditioned the Rega Elex-R and got better bass (IMO) but got the forwardness back I was trying to get away from with the M6i.

I spent about an hour auditioning the Naim and while it doesn't have the mind boggling bass control the MF had, it has a lot more finesse overall. The downsizing exercise has brought me to a place a lot simpler (and somewhere I hope I can live with for a while:yes:). Riiiight:D

Glad you checked back in and reported on how you're liking the Marantz so far - sounds like a very nice player!

I find I'm always having to defend NAD. I have 3 NAD products, all of which have been perfect. This includes a CD player that'a been in my system for years.

Back
Top Bottom