Tekton Owners Thread

"Looks like he came out with another Lore model the 2.0 that uses a different tweeter. " Model proliferation on steroids; how can a prospective buyer possibly decide?

Poultry, you're like the Dr. Frankenstein of amps and speakers. I say that, of course, with the great admiration.

no one specifically states haveing full tower lore or lore 2.0.
mostly just about different cpmponents.
was hopeing somebody who actually has full tower lores would chime in.
I have read this thread front to back. mostly talk about needing break in time.

I have a pair of the standard/full tower Lores and like them a lot. The more I listen, the more I like.

IMG_0307.jpg
(click on pic to enlarge)

thanks pags.
did you have to break them in long?
hows the bass responce?
PS: what do they weight in at approx?

Last edited:
no one specifically states haveing full tower lore or lore 2.0.
mostly just about different cpmponents.
was hopeing somebody who actually has full tower lores would chime in.
I have read this thread front to back. mostly talk about needing break in time.

I guess you missed page one of the thread. ;)

cubdog

thanks pags.
did you have to break them in long?
hows the bass responce?
PS: what do they weight in at approx?

Ferninando,

Out of the box the Lores were a little disappointing. I guess I could put it as sounding two-dimensional. However, after about a month (though I didn't really track the time) they really started to open up, and they now sound fantastic!

Bass response is very tight, though the extreme bottom-end doesn't shake the floor. This could be my amp, a pretty neutral Creek Evo 50A, or the room acoustics. With 10" bass guitar amp transducers, they should be able to make things rattle with the right power and recording (Metallica maybe?). I plan to introduce a REL sub to the mix (sitting unused in the corner right now) to see what that does - maybe today - and will report back on the results.

They're a hefty 55 pounds each.

Note: If you want a custom finish - a specific wood veneer - expect to wait a long time until delivery.

Thanks for that PAGS.
everyone says long break-in time for tektons. so be it. no prob with it.
Basic black is plenty good for me considering the extra cost for custom and shiping on top of that.
Still in the descisions stage.

has anyone compared tekton Lores with klipsch Forte' 1s?
If I get the lores my klipsch will be sold.

You could always use the 30 day trial period to do a comparison. Honesty, what they sound like in your home to your ears is better than any opinion you'll get here on the net :thmbsp:

Well I have a Fisher integ. amp about 25watts, and a Dynaco ST70 about 35 watts. Both tube jobs.
Both of which sound awsome on my Klipsch Forte's and Altec Boleros.
So the Tektons haveing 98dB of spl should be driven very nicely.
The whites were only $20 extra and I think the whites look very good.

Those amps should work great. Plenty of nice tube power for the Tektons. Eric must have had a pair of white ones already made up for you to be taking delivery so quickly.

cubdog

Back
Top Bottom