Simaudio Moon 100D

I looked at that dac several times and really wanted to buy it - let me know what you think of it. Simaudio builds fantastic gear.

I didn't hear a huge difference when compared with the Simaudio 300D at double the price. The 300D sounded just a tick superior and hardly distinguishable at that. My biggest complaint is the power supply. I think they could have done better than a wallwart. I think Erik will like it.

I didn't hear a huge difference when compared with the Simaudio 300D at double the price. The 300D sounded just a tick superior and hardly distinguishable at that. My biggest complaint is the power supply. I think they could have done better than a wallwart. I think Erik will like it.

The 300D is very, very nice DAC. Absolutely beautiful sounding. Problem is that the 100D hits way above its weight class, and makes the move up to the 300D seem questionable.

Well, holy crap. What an amazing difference. They recommended leaving it on all the time, and giving it at least a few hours before trying to get it's best out of it. But if this isn't it's best, then I can't wait to hear what the good stuff sounds like.

The sound? Crystal clear. I've usually leaned towards a warmish presentation, and while this doesn't seem overly warm, it just seems....right.

As an aside, it's amazing what it does with 256k itunes downloads. I didn't figure they would be so listenable.

I registered this morning, so now I have a 10 year warranty. If you don't register, you get one year. Seems fair to me.

Plus I get their 1 year upgrade plan too. I get credit for the full price paid towards a 300D in the first year I own it. 75% on the second year. Not sure what happens in year three. :)

Other things I love are the build quality (quite amazing at the price point) the usability and design (clean and clear) and finally, I love the fact that it is made in Canada. It's very important to me that my dollars stay in the North American economy.

This thing is a win all around.

Well, holy crap. What an amazing difference. They recommended leaving it on all the time, and giving it at least a few hours before trying to get it's best out of it. But if this isn't it's best, then I can't wait to hear what the good stuff sounds like.

The sound? Crystal clear. I've usually leaned towards a warmish presentation, and while this doesn't seem overly warm, it just seems....right.

Very nice gear! It took just four hours and forty nine minutes from letting us know you might have some new gear to pronouncement that everything was "all good". You sounded relieved and surprised that it sounded so good, but with taste and judgement like yours how could you ever doubt:D
Congrats on the new DAC.

Nice. I like the Moon stuff except for the amps. I wonder if it will change in presentation as it warms up?

What did you use for connection on your computer, also, what type of computer do you have, Mac or the other one.:D

Nice. I like the Moon stuff except for the amps. I wonder if it will change in presentation as it warms up?

I just had a wonderful listen to a big Moon amp. Planning on listening to their 50 watt integrated. So far the family sound seems to be clarity and airiness.

What did you hear? What speakers? What didn't you like?

Very nice gear! It took just four hours and forty nine minutes from letting us know you might have some new gear to pronouncement that everything was "all good". You sounded relieved and surprised that it sounded so good, but with taste and judgement like yours how could you ever doubt:D
Congrats on the new DAC.

I guess I have been disappointed enough with gear that I just "knew" would be great, so that I am pleasantly surprised when things work as planned .

Just trying to keep you guys involved.

Back
Top Bottom