Yamaha M-45 cleanup/tuneup

I finished cleaning up the mx-600 I bought...

The protection circuit on the m-45 kicks in way sooner than the mx-600. The mx-600 easily gets 2x as loud vs the m-45...

I couldn't get the protection circuit on the mx-600 to trigger, the amp was clipping, but no protection light.:dunno:

I biased it to +-5mv before hooking it up.

Any ideas on what's FUBAR on the m-45?

EDIT: it's driving 1 DVC 4ohm subwoofer.

Last edited:
Any ideas on what's FUBAR on the m-45?

It's driving 1 DVC 4ohm subwoofer

That amplifier (M-45) is driving a 2 Ω load. Not a good idea.Especially if your driving them to clipping.Which is not a good idea on any amplifier.

Last edited:
I couldn't get the protection circuit on the mx-600 to trigger, the amp was clipping, but no protection light.

Why ? Were you using a dummy load and a scope. Only for sure way to verify clipping.

It's driving 1 DVC 4ohm subwoofer

That amplifier (M-45) is driving a 2 Ω load. Not a good idea.Especially if your driving them to clipping.Which is not a good idea on any amplifier.

No, it's driving 2 4ohm loads. 1 on left, 1 on right. same input on both channels.
It does not like 2 ohm loads...

That being said. Red looks a lot like black in low light conditions, I had 1 VC hooked up backwards
comp-peep.gif

No, it's driving 2 4ohm loads. 1 on left, 1 on right. same input on both channels.
It does not like 2 ohm loads...

That being said. Red looks a lot like black in low light conditions, I had 1 VC hooked up backwards
comp-peep.gif

OK your right. brainfart.Even at 4Ω the M-45 is going to peter out sooner at low frequencies.

Having the VC's opposing each other won't help the situation either.

Back
Top Bottom