My Yamaha CR 2040 needs help

ccawker

Yamaha CR 2040 Dial Scale Stain/corrosion

hi,i just picked up a 2040(also have a CR 820),luvin them but I have an asthetics problem,It seems to have a lot of little white stains on the DIAL SCALE.It is not "on" the plastic(aluminum) but seems to have got inside it somehow where I cant get to it.Any suggestions,and if not, I am looking for that piece,i looked all over to try and find that particular part but to no avail.Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
It took me a while to catch on to what piece ccawker is referring to (even though I have a 1040 with the same ailment), so it might mystify others, too. I think the piece in question is what I would call the tuner scale - the strip that has the AM and FM frequencies printed on it. Is that right?

I'm afraid I can't offer any useful ideas about how to fix it. I'm baffled about the nature of the problem. I concur that it isn't just superficial.

chazix

It took me a while to catch on to what piece ccawker is referring to (even though I have a 1040 with the same ailment), so it might mystify others, too. I think the piece in question is what I would call the tuner scale - the strip that has the AM and FM frequencies printed on it. Is that right?

I'm afraid I can't offer any useful ideas about how to fix it. I'm baffled about the nature of the problem. I concur that it isn't just superficial.

chazix

yeah,i think its called the "dial scale"(you are correct)
but no one is parting out one of these,sadly.....thank you anyway

Last edited:
The dial scale with the Station #'s printed on it? If thats the case its very easily removable. I believe you have to take off the clear plastic bulb housing, and it will slide right out if I remember correctly. I had a 2040 for a while, and loved it...Yamaha should have put glass over that dial though in my opinion. Pics always help in these situations.

Pics of tuner plate

Tuner plate (2).jpg

Tuner plate (1).jpg

its like they are water marks,cant feel them if you rub finger on it

The dial scale with the Station #'s printed on it? If thats the case its very easily removable. I believe you have to take off the clear plastic bulb housing, and it will slide right out if I remember correctly. I had a 2040 for a while, and loved it...Yamaha should have put glass over that dial though in my opinion. Pics always help in these situations.
I know how to get it out,i was wondering about getting the stains out

I don't think your going to get them out without replacing the dial scale with a different piece.I had a 2040 here a while back that had similar spots. Not as bad as the one you have. It now has a very clean dial scale with spots.

Back
Top Bottom