Is there a ready supply of old Yamaha replacement parts available?

barfod

Hi all. I have been wondering if anyone is aware of a supplier who caters to the need for repair parts for replacement parts for vintage Yamahas. So far the biggest weak link is the mechanical bits, almost universally the input switches are the biggest failure point, at least in my experience.
Yamaha R-700 input and Rec Out switches are very touchy. Need lots of jiggling to make stereo connection.

Yamaha CR-420 Rec Out switch doesn't make any actual connections.

Yamaha DSP A2070 motorized input switch failed creating a 25-30 pound paper weight out of $2000 integrated amp.

Yamaha A-550 Internal Input switch toggle bar mechanism iffy. Makes switching between inputs cumbersome as I must press buttons repeatedly back and forth until it takes, or I can open up the case and slide the mechanism. Taking off the case cover to swap between playing a CD and and vinyl is... dumb.

Each of these Yamahas sound wonderful... when the input switches make contact.
I have tried spaying some CRC Electronic Contact cleaner and might have gotten a little improvement. What I think I'd really like is to simply replace those old worn and unreliable parts with some new ones. Is anyone aware of any?

Hello

Can you say which part do you need exactly ?:scratch2:

Well, for starters I am looking for new Input and Rec Out switches for a Yamaha R-700. I am leery to buy used parts as my experience is that the used parts are coming from identically aged equipment that will now, or shortly afterwards, exhibit identical shortcomings, hence, my desire for new-old stock parts supply to break out of that repair trap.

Do you have closer pictures of these rotary switches ?

Part number in service manual do not help me to see how they look like ..

Hello !

I doubt there is. There is !

Organ donor necessary most likely. no

see my picture

Attachments

• DSC01705-rotary-switches.jpg
    DSC01705-rotary-switches.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 103
Clinic,

You must have the biggest stash of NOS Yamaha parts ever.

Can you find that C-4 I lost in your pile?

Seriously, I lost a C-4. Must have loaned it and forgot who has it or mistakenly sold it.

Hello !

Clinic,

You must have the biggest stash of NOS Yamaha parts ever.

probably ...Yes but I don't know what all the other members have ...:scratch2:

I had no output from my CR640 and found the input selector switch (same as pictured above) was stuck. A gentle prod with a small screwdriver to move it and a healthy dose of Deoxit fixed the problem. Might be worth a shot.

Anyone know where I can get either the factory upgrade/repair kit for the R-2000 receiver, or at least a parts list?

Back
Top Bottom