What are you listening to on your reel to reel right now?

R-2-R

I've been playing my reel to reel, Teac X-1000R, and earlier started off listening to the group Chicago (original name of the group was 'Chicago Transit Authority') and all their hits from the very first album up to their latest that I had recorded and currently listening to various jazz artist (David Sanborn, Kenny G., George Howard, Kim Waters, Sade, etc.).

Oh and I forgot to mention that while I've been listening I am drinking an 'ice cold' Corona Lite!

So what about y'all? Anyone listening and on what brand, model reel to reel? (don't forget to post a picture of your R-2-R!)
TEAC X-1000RBL reel to reel.jpg
TEAC X-1000RBL reel to reel ii.jpg

Last edited:
Handel's Agrippina with Alexandrina Pendatchanska in the lead role on a Tandberg 3341X.

Ray

Classical Music Radio show that I record every week from public radio.
The show invites a knowwledgeable person to talk about a selected masterpiece.
This week: 5th Piano Concerto of van Beethoven (Emperor Concerto).

A dub master reel of Beach Boys Capitol singles from the singles masters at 15 IPS on the Otari. Full track mono NAB. Let's go surfin' :tresbon:

Oh man, I want a copy! Fun, fun, fun!

I think I will listen to a "tape swap" tape tonight. I have no idea what is on it maybe some Halloween music??? We are going to start a new rotation soon, you guys oughta get on it.

Meet The Beatles from my original Mono copy puechased by my mother when she was 18 years old on my Akai GX-625

2hdmb1d.jpg

Akai 625D

Oh, I got one of those. Replaced the noisey transistors and love it. But the computer chip to stop the reels on a wind down doesn't work. Does yours?

Oh, I got one of those. Replaced the noisey transistors and love it. But the computer chip to stop the reels on a wind down doesn't work. Does yours?

I too had to change all those noisey trannies. Luckily (knock on wood) all the functions are working perfectly on this unit.

I still have to change the trannies on my Akai GX-630D. I just got a tape of music from the TV show "The Man From Uncle". Should be a blast!

I also have a Studer A810 that I need to hook up into the system. It will kick the Akai's butt (I still like my Akai).

Jeff Wayne's musical WAR OF THE WORLDS. I'd put it on 10.5" yrs. ago so I could listen to it in one "sitting". VERY nice.

Right now listening to one of Mike and Frank's Radio Free America shows that I taped from WPRB in Princeton a few years ago on my Sony TC-758. That was the best radio program ever. They played stuff from Gong, Soft Machine, Zappa and Beefheart, Pretty Things, Love, Renaissance, Family plus tons of music that I've never heard before. I don't know what ever happened to them, one week they just disappeared never to be heard from again! At least I have my tapes...

Springsteen~Winterland Soundboard 12-15-1978 @ 7 1/2~Teac A4300
This has always been a favorite, sound wise and performance wise, this is an incredible show and The Boss was simply on fire this night, recorded from lossless flac file. This was the remastered Prodigal Son version, took some of the boominess out of the drums and evened out alot of the known issues with other versions, my opinion, it is the best version of this show.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom