KarmaFest 2003, preliminary thoughts

Kamakiri

The New Dynamic
I've had an idea in the works for an AudioKarma meet, and here are my preliminary thoughts.

Aug. 20-23 - NY, Rochester - Antique Wireless Association Radio & Audio Swap Meet. This is the world's largest meet of its kind, encompassing antique radio, vintage audio (the vast majority is tube), and antique television. This meet is mainly a first day event, although many deals are to be had if you hang around for day 2 and day 3. Last year I picked up my Fisher 500C and 800C for $100 each, there were carloads of Fisher, Eico, Soundcrasftsmen, tubes, speakers, you name it. There are usually people in attendance from as far away as Japan and Brazil. For the TV guys, I missed a CT-100 that was stone mint for $900, because I didn't have that much cash :mad:

So, just to check out the interest level, who would think about attending? If you like, we can meet in the Buffalo area (near ProAc and myself), and caravan to Rochester ready for the 3 am flashlight brigade :) . We can also plan other festivities as well.

I would be unable to attend even if I could do it, those dates coincide with the National Folk Festival being held here in Bangor which I gotta work at. What you have in mind sound super cool tho!

So is the 3AM on the morning of the 20th? Looking at flight times from SAT to BUF.

Dang,!!! Too early for that but too late for Fred's. I think I leave the area on the 10th.
I will have a drink with Thor though! That will make up for most of it.

I don't know. After the GF gets through with her agenda I am playing it by ear,......so maybe.
Maine I figure on the 4th or 5th but I am not making anything definate. NO KEGS!!!!
I do like those scum sucking water insects called lobsters though. Maybe there is a half way descent seafood joint in Maine? With Bud on tap!:beer:

Lemme know for sure and we'll make some plans have a BBQ and some Lobstahs and some clams, get some beer, liquor and play some tunes!

Sooo Kam-

Any further developments?

When and where are you going to meet? Or has there been a total lack of interest?

Well, it's gone down to what looks like myself and Rob. The meet is this coming Wednesday, is anyone else interested in attending?

Well gosh darn drat :(

Tim,

You might be going it alone. That power outage trick they played on us yanked the Rochester trip gas money, admission money and walking around money right out'a my hands. The client had already left Toronto to pay me $1000.00 to see my coil run for a couple of hours last Thursday when the power went off. I had it all set up outside ready to rock'n'roll. That outage cost me dearly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As it is now.....I don't have enough money to buy milk. :(

Rob

Well dammit.....

.....looks like I'll have to be AK's lone representative.

I have kind of the opposite predicament....I do have walking around cash, but there's nothing I really want :dunno:

But I'm sure I'll find something :D

It's official....the KarmaFest will be attended by....me! :stupid:

I'll be leaving the house around 2:00 am or so, loaded for bear with a digital camera, cell phone, and a truckload of ambition for some good stuff!

I'm hoping to score a CTC7-10 color set.....and maybe some audio goodies, who knows!

I'll have plenty of pics to share tomorrow :)

Now, if there's anything that you ABSOLUTELY MUST HAVE or have been looking for, I'll be on my cell phone tomorrow AM early (about 2 or 3 AM EST - 10 or so), and I will try to find it for you. PM a moderator if you need my cell #.

Back
Top Bottom