What's happening with AK site? Virus?

There's something else to it, because I do have Java and Javascript installed, and I have no problems with AK.

I posted about 2 weeks ago about the site being extremely slow. That pretty much went away when I switched from 10Mb dsl to 30Mb cable this week. Just lately, I have been having the back button doesn't work, and gotten the redirect page with one ad. Also, a couple times, a page will be glitchy with splotches of other things and make the page unreadable.

Using win8.1, latest firefox.

Problems are only with AK, no other website has these problems. Just checked the box in firefox to not allow tracking. Will see how that goes.

I posted about 2 weeks ago about the site being extremely slow. That pretty much went away when I switched from 10Mb dsl to 30Mb cable this week. Just lately, I have been having the back button doesn't work, and gotten the redirect page with one ad. Also, a couple times, a page will be glitchy with splotches of other things and make the page unreadable.

Using win8.1, latest firefox.

Problems are only with AK, no other website has these problems. Just checked the box in firefox to not allow tracking. Will see how that goes.

There is a backspace key setting in Firefox that must be changed. When I got my new computer, this drive me nuts in ebay listing pages.

The banner ad next to the Pay button remains blank at times, but when I move over it it says "specificmedia.com". Could the problem be with long running scripts from that ad service? I have no idea, just asking.

When I go to a section of the forums like Turntables, if I click on a thread the only way I can get out of it is to go back to AudioKarma.org Home Audio Stereo Discussion Forums and start over again.

There is a backspace key setting in Firefox that must be changed. When I got my new computer, this drive me nuts in ebay listing pages.

This behaviour only happens on AK, nowhere else. Edit} just checked, firefox set correctly. by the way, when I hit the edit button, I got the ad on a blank page again, lmao.

Last edited:
FWIW, another vindicosuite.com ad just now threw me off AK. This time I am on a friend’s computer. Total of three times in two days. What are the odds of both of us having the same virus? I’m using Chrome and he has Firefox.

Both times a Chrysler ad is thrown on the screen.

OOPS- make that four times. It suddenly threw me off AK as I was about to post this!!! And another Chrysler ad.

2rep1y8.gif

OK, I have been dealing with this as well, I found the easiest fix in IE is to go to Tools>Safety>ActiveX Filtering

If you enable filtering on my system (Win 7 Professional IE 11) the problem goes away completely, site has sped up and is significantly more stable. If you visit a site where a video/flash content won't play, you may need to re-enable it but it quick to get to in the Tools menu. Just checked YouTube and it does work with the filter active so this may not be an issue for most sites.

Hope this helps some of you IE users.

Brian

OK, I have been dealing with this as well, I found the easiest fix in IE is to go to Tools>Safety>ActiveX Filtering

If you enable filtering on my system (Win 7 Professional IE 11) the problem goes away completely, site has sped up and is significantly more stable. If you visit a site where a video/flash content won't play, you may need to re-enable it but it quick to get to in the Tools menu. Just checked YouTube and it does work with the filter active so this may not be an issue for most sites.

Brian

So far so good . bookmarked for future reference .

Brian

Thank you for posting this easy fix:thmbsp:. So far so good. For the first time in about a week I don't have to hit the back button multiple times.

This behaviour only happens on AK, nowhere else. Edit} just checked, firefox set correctly. by the way, when I hit the edit button, I got the ad on a blank page again, lmao.

This is UNACCEPTABLE! This Vindico ad scripting is throwing webbugs EXACTLY like some kind of malware attack.
When I go to the next page, it opens 8-10 windows asking me to accept it, and NO, I am not going to simply accept all these bugs.
I click CANCEL 8 or more times to close all the windows and sometimes it opens 3 or 4 more as I am closing the previous ones.

NO OTHER website using this forum software has this kind of out of control ad "service" -
and yes, I do normally use the AK sponsors, but from this point I refuse, just on general principals ..

I am prepaid a year in advance, but I will NOT renew my subscription with this kind of out-of-control adware.
attachment.php

At this point, to hell with the site's revenue streams, I will load an Ad-Killer to my browser so I don't have to be hammered like this.

FIND A BETTER AD SOURCE!

Attachments

• AK-Vindico.jpg
    AK-Vindico.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
I use Adblock Plus and do not get the pop-ups some of you are getting. Once in awhile a forum doesn't want to load a thread, but that's rare.

I don't see how businesses/companies think pissing people off is going to attract them as customers ?

I don't see how businesses/companies think pissing people off is going to attract them as customers ?

They don't, generally speaking.

Some of these problems seem specific to a rather small group of machines. That suggests at least some of the issues are more local than a nefarious and ill-advised business plan to piss off a bunch of potential customers.

I have been having a few problems like the back button and this morning I got a blank page with add only and an error page.

But eBay is really bad lately with jerky scrolling that you don't even want to be on that site.

If it doesn't get fixed soon, might as well forget about it till after the holidays.

Just sayin'

Hint hint ...

(PS ... still working here ... Firefox 32 on W8 ... )

Back
Top Bottom