Guillow's Avenger

Nice work! No dihedral in the wing? I've build a lot of balsa R/C planes. Had to quit. The fine balsa sanding dust doesn't agree with me.

Well the center wing section is separate.I will set the dihedral when I remove the outer wing sections from the wax paper and install the stringers.

I use Franklin Titebond II glue.Grabs so well that pins are not necessary to hold the wing ribs in place.

I've got a Sopwith Camel kit around here someplace I need to build one of these days.

I've always had a thing for those WWI biplanes...

801box.jpg

I have a few kit's hanging around. Never thought of using cardboard. I have no excuses now.

Went to Hobbytown to purchase a replacement prop.The red plastic one included in the kit is goofy.

Looking good! Are the parts in these new kits lazer cut or still die stamped/cut? I remember the old Sterling kits had some of the worst die stamped parts.

I guess they used new dies because the parts were cut out very cleanly and just required a bit of scoring with the Xacto knife to free them from the balsa board.I used a reinforced cut off wheel in my Dremel to cut the slots for the stringers.

OK1I got the sealing iron and applied the Microlite.The covering material went on well and you literally iron the wrinkles out.I even tried patch panels in case the wing gets a hole in it and it worked well.

Cool, I built the L-19 way back when..the parts were die crunched!!!! eventually ended up flying 10-12 foot wingspan RC sailplanes.

Yeah!back in 76 I made the Stuka and the ribs were die crushed not cut.I ended up having to repair quite a few of them.Today the diecut and laser cut parts are much better.

Back
Top Bottom